Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

1995 626 6 cyl. overheating, cant seem to fix it

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 04:57 PM
Default 1995 626 6 cyl. overheating, cant seem to fix it

alright sooo ... a few weeks ago i was driving my car and it started overheating. 1st time ive had a problem. when i checked under the car it was leaking out and after having someone check it out turned out to be some hoses. ok, so now coolant doesnt leak out. but then when i went to get my car back i drove it for 10 minutes and it started overheating, very quickly. it was strange though because at first the temp gauge fluxuated between half way and hot before it would just stay in the red and start blowing me cold air. bumping my heat didnt work cause i had no heat. so i replaced the thermostat because a bunch of people said that thats what it probably was. well, today the temp gauge didnt fluxuate but my car does get hot very quickly. sometimes within 5 minutes sometimes within 15. so i took it to another person i know who was close by since i cant get my car very far at all without pulling over for a half hour. well they loaded me up with coolant until my car couldnt take no more, figuring maybe the problem was air bubbles or just not enough .. (which we put like about 3/4 of a gallon in there). also changed my oil because i was due for that anyways. okay so i like 13 miles from that person, maybe a little more. i got it all the way home without the temp gauge going past halfway and my heat worked the whole time! i was so happy that my car was finally fixed after being without it for a few weeks. welllllll of course i was wrong. the second i pulled on to the street where i parked it spiked up to the hot line right before it gets red. so i turn off my car and i hear it bubbling. i get out of my car and coolant is all over the ****ing place. what now ????? it was fine for 20 minutes no problem and all of a sudden my engine is running hot again and coolant is everywhere. it was totally fine until that point. now its back to exactly what it was doing before. my conclusion is making sure my car is full on coolant helps ... for a very short while. anyone know why that happened ?? im just confused. any input would help !!!!! =[ im going nuts.