Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Need CIA for 06 Mazda 3 GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM

hey guys, im VERY new to this game, i recently bought a 06 Mazda 3 gt and need tonnes of info but im starting off slow with minor changes. I'd like to know if 1. any modes such as CAI will void my warranty. 2. if not which CIA to go with (ps, im in Canada if neone knows of reasonable places to puchase from) 3. how bout exhaust? 4. and finally any other minor changes to give a starter some extra kick?

PS, i meant CAI, not CIA, although i'd love to roll with one of those guys too

Last edited by virgin1; 11-08-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Default RE: Need CIA for 06 Mazda 3 GT

Adding any aftermarket part to a car can give the manufacturer reason to void your warranty.
That said, many dealers will overlook something like an intake unless the intake is somehow the cause
of the problem.
Any would-be modder should know, if you can't afford to fix it, don't mod it.

PS--I have intakes in stock for the 3, check out my sponsorship section.

Welcome to the forum.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:32 PM

need? you mean want, and yes a cai and exhaust can void the warranty. i had a cai in my car and i finally got rid of it it just sat too low to the ground and right by a tire, im not sure how well they work in the winter too. i also got an exhaust and that has been my best upgrade yet, its a nice low tone and it sounds great not ricey at all and it has never caused me any problems and ive had it on for about 10,000 miles its magnaflow by the way. headers could also be an option but not to sure if they fixed the cel problems

Old 11-24-2006, 02:06 AM

hey!! im trying to work my way around the same problem here too....im leasing, btw.....
what im doing is basically buying parts from Mazda, and having them installing them....
cuz i dont think that voids the warranty...i havent done anything yet, just subs....more to come in the spring hopefully....

oh, and what part of Canada are you from???
welcome to the forum, btw!

Old 03-07-2007, 03:50 PM

I have a Cold air for my 04 3i 2.0L and I've had no problems yet. Even a cheap E-bay intake works well and going through the winter was no problem in STL. The Mass air flow flanges very nice with no problems. Um, I have custom Cat back exhaust. I basically went to my home depot and bought 2.5in piping and had Car-x bend the piping and weld it and elimated the resonator.((no check engine light)) (good and bad Idea on the the 3 having only a full two peice desing on the exhaust.) I also baught a cheap muffler and moved it to the back and it sounds nice. No major compay has made a good set of headers yet for the 3. I'm not to sure about the 6 though. OBX-R is the only company that makes a header for the 3 and I gave it a shot. The company swares by direct bolt on but it is no where even close. Modification is required. As well as you will need a O2 simulator as well. this is because there are two o2 sensors on the stock header and there is "warm up cat" in between thoes two and the OBX gets rid of that cat. the problem with the orignal header is that its a once piece design down to the main cat. (flex pipe included) the problem is OBX headers stop about half way beacause I guess they thought there there would be a flange where the flex pipe starts and there is not. so they someone has to cuz the old flex pipe fab. a flage to fit and then bolt it on. The next problem the flange on the OBX header is at a diffrent "Down pipe angle" then the orignal to the back half has to be moved back about 2 inches to make the angle work howerever, they are on now and they sound good! NO Cel light either and have a full exhaust and a CAI you can definately tell the difference in HP

Old 05-27-2007, 12:27 AM

I know vibrant makes a deacent header for the mazda 3. I'm looking to get it soon. I've heard good things about it. I've also got a magnaflow catback coming so cant wait for that. Also, i talked to my local mazda dealer and he told me i could get a CAI without voiding my warranty. He also told me that i could get a catback exhaust system without voiding my warranty, BUT if i went further back... as in getting headers put on, it would void my warranty. I duno if it's the same where u live but i would imagine so.

ps: mzdaspd304, u live in STL? That's awesome. I grew up right outside of STL. Duno if u've ever heard of Pevely, hurculanium, or Arnold? I grew up right around all that. Oh well i'm chillen in North Carolina these days haha but i might b heading back up that way in the next couple of months. Peace.