Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Cai

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Default Cai

Hey guys, I'm new to this whole thing...

I just got my 05 rx-8 a few weeks ago, and want to do something small to start off-

I was thinking a CAI-

I know that
AEM
Injen
K&N
and my boyfriend found some off brand on ebay that looks like its going to fall apart right out of the box(silly mustang driver)-its called dragon..

so I'm not sure which one has the best reputation to cost, or even which one would just really be more of a better choice for my roxanne.

also- anyone have problems with going into first gear sometimes with a thump sound? It does it occasionally and I keep having it looked at and apparently i'm crazy-even though the clutch is ALL the way in...

I know this is another one that shouldn't be in this thread BUT-
heated seats! do they get hot, or just barely warm-it's an 05 and if they are supposed to get pretty cozy,then I want them to check em out also!

Old 04-14-2009, 11:02 AM

I'm a K&N guy my self but I'm looking at Injen also for my new Mazda 3. I'm leanging towards the K&N because I have never had any trouble with them on my Truck or Mustang. Also you might look at SR Motorsports they have one for RX-8's but I don't know anything about there products. Good luck and let us know what you decide.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:49 AM

Whatever you do for your CAI, make sure it's compatible with your MAF and inlet air temp. sensor, or comes as a kit, or with the appropriate adapters for your specific engine model.
Otherwise you risk being stuck with poor idling, stalling out, a Check Engine Light on, and poor acceleration at anything below 3000 rpm, plus increased fuel consumption due to having to stay in lower gears to keep the revs. up; in short a useless pain in the butt.