Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

need help with header/cai/exhaust setup....

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Default need help with header/cai/exhaust setup....

As for a possible setup for my 2005 mazda6s, I wanted to know how all of this will fit once installed. I want to order DC Headers as well as purchase a Bosal Catback Exhaust. Will I need to weld anything together or is this all pretty much just direct bolt on? Is this setup going to need to be customized or will everything just fit nicely? I wanted to buy these 2 at different times (maybe 6 months apart) so if I purchase the headers first or the exhaust first, will that matter because I'm not sure if they need to be welded together or not. I'm still up in the air for a CAI right now but eventually I will find one that is to my likings.

Old 01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Default RE: need help with header/cai/exhaust setup....

I've talked with a person who has the DC Headers, and unfortunately what he told me was, when i asked if he owned these headers.....

"I did not purchase them, i was the prototype car, they are not making these headers sadly so I am the only one that will ever have DC sport headers, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask! DC didnt see a market in the 6 community and when they went through costing, AEM denied their request because it would cost too much and they didnt think they would see much return. "

This is soo sad and now the price of headers will still be sky high until more manufacturers develop headers that will become available on the market.