Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

how to install an Injen CAI.....

Old 12-29-2005, 05:46 PM
Default how to install an Injen CAI.....

Over the next week or so, I will be installing an Injen RD Racing Series Cold Air Intake and I thought I would help you all out by walking you through the process of how to install this product. I have confirmed that this intake series will fit a 2005 Mazda 6s engine through the Injen Corporation. For now, all I am able to show is the picture before my intake is installed but eventually in time, I will have the step by step process to allow you to have a visual install.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/FC14B0493A6245B28573EFC86EDF9A76.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Default RE: how to install an Injen CAI.....

Unless, Injen has worked something out, I'm venture a guess that the CAI will throw a CEL at you.

http://forum.mazda6tech.com/viewtopi...ighlight=injen

http://www.cp-e.com/2006.html

Old 01-09-2006, 11:24 PM

I realize that the CEL will most likely appear once this CAI is installed, but I am not too worried. I have future plans of obtaining a DHP & PCM that will allow me to not only adjust the air/fuel ratio but also when to change gears, etc. This will be a great step towards a better performing vehicle. For now, I am just going to tape over the CEL so it is not noticeable. But I have seen an injen CAI on a mazda6s that never received a CEL.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:40 PM

I put an AEM short ram intake on my six and as long as you disconnect the ground cable to your battery before you install your CAI, you should be fine with no CEL. Just let your car sit after you start it up and let the ecu reprogram itself befor you take a run with it. The car might idle weird at first, and have spikes in the rpm's, but itll be fine after 5 minutes of sitting. Hope everything goes well, and let me tell you, you wont be dissapointed with the results of your CAI.

Old 01-11-2006, 07:03 PM

and i'm still waiting for that CAI to be shipped.... the supplier increased prices and the company I tried buying it off of was trying to fight for a better price, but I dont care because it is only a few bucks more. I just want my CAI haha.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 AM

lol, how much did u pay?

Old 01-13-2006, 01:58 PM

the price was $239 with shipping and tax included. But as of right now, I cancelled the order because the supplier would have taken more than 3 weeks to get it shipped to me and I needed a little pocket change at this time. Maybe at one point, I will order this intake again but then again I might go ahead and order another type of intake. Time to research just a little more, see if anything else comes onto the market.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:40 PM

so I just ordered another injen RD CAI and it will be here by friday if all goes well. Just about the same price. Can't wait to put this gizmo in my ride. I'll have the installation of this hopefully within the next couple of weeks to show you how everything goes.

Old 01-14-2006, 07:41 PM

Sweeeet[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-23-2006, 02:37 PM

I'm getting verrrry antsy to put this in my car, just have yet to get the time to do so..... once i get everything put together, I will show you all the process of everything! For now, here is a picture as proof that I have this intake.... (pardon the drool spots if there are any on my parts! )

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/D62D8E4A2C49463F99A04B5CEBB9245F.jpg[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: how to install an Injen CAI.....