General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 05:59 PM
Default need help

hey guys i'm not to familiar with a ton of car stuff but i have an issue with my 2011 mazda 3i. It's some sort of electrical issue, took the car to the dealer for a recall and my check engine light was on prior to going and i have the print out of the codes stuck on my ECU and its 3 pages long. Was told that they would diagnose it for 135 dollars an hour haha. sometimes the car takes forever to shift and sometimes it will shift when it hits 7k on the rpms but i will attach pictures of the codes so hopefully you guys can help me try and figure out what it could be, thanks. Don't mind the writing, i did it so i would know what the codes are.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

1st up, get the battery & alternator professionally tested.

(U codes are purely communication fault codes, they don't necessarily mean there is a problem.)

If the battery and alternator checks out, get all the codes cleared, drive the car for a few days and recheck codes.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
1st up, get the battery & alternator professionally tested.

(U codes are purely communication fault codes, they don't necessarily mean there is a problem.)

If the battery and alternator checks out, get all the codes cleared, drive the car for a few days and recheck codes.

ok ill have to do that and i tried getting the codes cleared ( at auto zone and oriley's maybe that was the problem) but they couldnt delete the codes because they said they were permanently on my ECU. It was weird though because out of the blue all these codes pop up and when i took it to the mazda dealer for a recall on the PCM programming they said it could be a few things wrong with it. Either a harness or bare wire or PCM or ECU so im confused on why all of a sudden i have all the codes. But i will start with the battery and alternator first, thanks you.