General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Mazda Radio code reset

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 11:44 AM

I have a MK3 MX5 which I bought new 2 years ago in France.

Two months ago I left the interior light on and landed up with a flat battery and the radio asking for a code and I had not put a code into the radio. I searched the internet and found that there were a possiblity of 5 reset codes, but being cautious I decided to drive 30km to the car the dealer and get them to reset the code. After they had put in 4 of the codes that I had dicovered I now had a radio which displayed a flashing Err. They then said thay would have to take the radio out and contact Mazda France to get the correct code. I agreed that I would bring the car in for a service and they could then fix the radio.

I returned after the car had been serviced and the radio still showed Err. They had not been able to contact Mazda France for the code and that they would contact us when they had the correct code. They never called us back. In desperation we cantacted Mazda France and they would not give us the code but to go to our dealer. We eventually got the dealer to agree to unlock the radio. We arrived and he rang Mazda France's hotline and was talked through the resetting procedure putting in exactly the same number which had not worked before! So even Mazda France does not know the codes which will unlock the radio!

We were then told that they would have to take the radio out of the car and send it away to be reset and the estimated cost for the repair would be 160€ ($220)! I refuse to be robbed by either the garage or Mazda France. If there is something wrong with the radio it should be covered under the guarantee.

Can anybody please supply me with the correct code for this radio since Mazda France is incapable of providing any services for customers.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:38 AM
Mud

Hi Guys, Just wanted to say a big thanks to the OP for this fix. I tried it on my 03 6TS and it worked a treat.

Much better than being ripped off by my local dealer who told me they would have to contact Mazda UK to get the reset code for my locked out radio and it would be approx £95 + Vat.

Many thanks again to the OP.

Mud.

Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Default Manual controls on radio work- all buttons inactive

Will these codes help me? Had service work done on my son's 6 and it came back with all the radio buttons inactive, including the buttons on the steering wheel. THe manual dials work. Help

Old 09-04-2009, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

There shouldn't be a radio code for the '03-'08 6 series. What others have had good luck with is simply resetting the PCM.
Disconnect the neg cable for ~10mins. Turn on the headlights or some other power draining device to drain off any residual charge in the capacitors. Reconnect the battery and try it.
This seems like something that happens to the 6 and have heard about it from several members. The above "fix" has helped most or all of them. In fact, it's kind of a catch-all for many electronic issues it seems.

Old 09-15-2009, 04:37 AM
Default hola

Hi there!
When I show Blue_SP20 post I was the happiest man alive!!!
But then I´ve tried it and something was wrong...
My Mazda MPV 2000 car stereo is the old one with the cassette and in this one the Auto M key doesn´t exist So it is impossible to complete the sequency...
Any suggestion, please?

Old 10-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Default 1994 626 anti-theft reset

Anyone an idea on how to reset anti-theft (currently on err) for 94 626? I tried all of the above but don't get through step 1 (radio does not respond and keeps displaying err)

Thanks,

Arjan

Old 10-05-2009, 05:05 PM

Thanks in advance for anyone able to help, I've just bought an import RX8 2004 model, 2 questions. 1) I need to disconnect the battery, so does anyone know if the code sequence works on this model before I do it and 2) being an import the FM frequencies aren't the same, does anyone know of a way to solve this? cheers

Old 10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not absolutely sure, but I don't think you will have to reset the code in those circumstances, but there is an alternative if you are concerned. Go to your local parts store and ask the for a battery back up. It uses a 9v "transistor battery that plugs into the cigar lighter of the car and keeps the electronics from losing their memory.
Should cost less than $20 USD, including a 9v battery.
As far as the FM, replace the stereo w/one compatible with the British(?)/Euro bands. No other practical way to do it that I know of.
Better yet, get a sweet sounding exhaust system for the car and forget the radio. Nothin' good on there anyway... and way too many commercials.

Old 10-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Unhappy Mazda 6 w bose err code

Hi

I own a swedish Mazda 6 -02 with bose sound.
After a flat battery "code" was blinkin in my display.
After three faults "ERR" is now blinkin.

I've tried the combination preset 6, AM, Auto M, Seek ^ (up).
But this doesn't bring upp the four dashes so I can input a code.

I've tried it while on ACC and when the car is on.
I tried takin the battery out for an hour and "ERR" is still there.

Anyone have any solution

Old 10-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Default Thanks Blue_SP20

My thanks to Blue_Sp20 for the radio code - I tried it one last time before going to my dealer and it worked just as it said on the tin. The computer and clock both started working again as normal. I am sooo grateful I saw this website.
Beenie

Quick Reply: Mazda Radio code reset