General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

How to disable keyless entry, or wallet key?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Default How to disable keyless entry, or wallet key?

I just got a 2006 RX-8. I have already come out to the garage to find the doors locked and the keys in the car (once in the ignition, once left in the ash tray). I must have somehow accidently pushed the lock on the way out - or maybe outside radio interference? But, periodically I get preoccupied in a car before I get out and lock the keys in the car. For my other two cars I have a so called "wallet key" in my wallet which only opens the door. I dont see this available for this car. Other than that I would have to carry an extra set of keys in my pocket all the time. Another option would be to disable the keyless entry system and only use the hard key. This would work for me. Does anybody know how to disable this system??

Old 12-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Default RE: How to disable keyless entry, or wallet key?

I too, am looking how to disable the "auto" locking mechanism. I had to pay $60 dollars to a locksmith, cause I left my 2 keys in the car when going back inside a building to grab something "real quick". I did not lock the car, knowing that I did left the keys there. But I closed the door and the car locked automatically. FRICKIN STUPID car!!I wasted 2 and half hours adn $60waiting on the locksmith.

I do NOT want the auto lock setting turned on.

Anyone know how to turn it off?

Old 10-22-2010, 10:38 PM

Why on earth would the tempermental idea ..of having ..micro chipped keys while in the vechile ..lock the doors..should'nt this have been ..re-engineered at this point in time?..my 2 cents..wld defintely be interested in finding a solutions.