General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

heating problem and toronto service center info

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Default heating problem and toronto service center info

hi all

2002 626 ES (2.5 V6)

first, being new to toronto, can someone recommend a good service center other than dealer. I need to get the 60k mile (96k km) service done soon.

secondly, a new problem just started.

3 days ago, i noticed a/c would work, cold air for 1 minute, then it would just be fan, outside air temp. I am assuming the compressor would turn off.
a day later, i was leaving and notice the engine light was on..but eveyrthing was fine. 1 minute later, on queue, cold air wasnt coming anymore...and noticed a little hesitation at stop light...but still running ok. driving home, about 4 mile trip, i then notice temp needle all the way past H. crap! notice hesitation getting worse, like engine wanted to die. started hearing rattling noises.

get hom 30 seconds later, turn everything off.

next day cousin that know about cars comes over. cars start fine, and revving it...no rattle sound, so hopefully engine bearings/rods ok. at that point we figure water pump not working. add some coolant, and try to drive to a mechanic, stopping as many times as needed when temp starts to go up. didnt get too far, and with this temp, 5 stops in 3 miles. also noticed that coolant probably pushed back. cousin thinks thermostat blocking circulation. we will try and replace the thermostat tonight.

any other ideas?

thanks.

Old 08-03-2006, 08:32 PM
Default RE: heating problem and toronto service center info

Thermostat is probably the best general place to start with an overheating problem so hope that works out. If you have not already replaced it then keep in mind that the t-stat is not located in the upper radiator hose to block connection but at the lower radiator hose to block. Drawing below shows it kind of. Located just below the throttle body. Take out the upper and lower air cleaner housing boxes to get access. Picture does not show but that metal pipe is bolted to the cylinder head and will need to be unbolted as well as the 2
t-stat housing bolts.
Are the cooling fans coming on when it is starting to overheat??

Old 08-03-2006, 09:55 PM

Thanks. Yesterday I started taking out the coolant resevoir and hoses...but didnt think it would fit there then stopped.

Took out the filter box completely, figuring it might be under there, but didnt want to go any futher than that as i dont have much knowledge or experience.

Found a small service shop my cousin knew.....turns out the coolant resevoir was cracked. Coolant leaked out, but also couldnt build pressure to circulate due to the leakage. I dont remember seeing any puddles underneath, and couldnt see any clear signs of dripping anywhere near where the crack was found. changed that resevoir and reset the computer (which he said was due to no coolant) and everything seems fine now.

new question: with the car at this milage, mazda recommends timing belt change. i would think it would be due around 90/100k miles.....this mechanic said the same thing. any opinions?

thanks.

Old 08-03-2006, 10:24 PM

Actually Mazda only recommends an inspection of the timing belt at 60k and replacement at 105K on the 2002 626.

Old 08-04-2006, 12:49 AM

i have a USA car here in toronto. 60,000 miles on it (96,000k kilometeres). this checklist i got from gyro mazda is for the 96,000km on it and it says replace timing belt.[:'(] i will go through the manual and stick to that.

hmmmm

Old 05-24-2018, 02:13 AM

go to manual procedure thats better than all better just go to mechanic rather than ask randomly here
Bikes in Pakistan 2018, Check Bikes Prices, New & Used Motor Cycles

Old 05-24-2018, 02:14 AM

go to manual procedure thats better than all better just go to mechanic rather than ask randomly here

Old 02-15-2021, 07:42 AM

Some heating repair companies offer gas and electric heater repair solutions for simple to complex problems during the winter season.