General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

engine light on

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Default engine light on

yesterday I noticed that the engine light is on...Being Friday, almost 13:00 I rushed to my dealer to solve the problem...to bad, in Canada they closed at 12:00 Friday[:@], it is not like I was use to in Germany...anyway, a sales manager told me that is OK as long as it not flashing and Monday, if is still on to come to service. It is a new car, what could it be?
Well, I deal with professionals, 2 months ago they replace 3 times my back light, they also replace my stereo system[]...is Mazda Canada a part of Dollar Store Inc?

Old 05-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Default RE: engine light on

well an engine light being on could be ALOT of different things on a new mazda, anything from low tire pressure, to an air leak, O2 sensor, to even your gas cap door being a little loose, but on most mazda's a common issue i've noticed that makes the light come on but not blink is the converter, mazda converters have this hibitiual habbit of going bad very quickly in even brand new models, if i were you i would try to knock that off the totem pole 1st, easiest way i've noticed is to run the vehicle at night for about 30 min, then lay down next to it and look at the cat, if its glowing red or even glowing at all, replace it, mazda cats clog very easily due to bad air intake systems, if thats not the case, have thecomputer tested at autozone.......they do it for free:-)