General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Change USB Location

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 11:15 AM
Default Change USB Location

2021 CX-5 - Has anyone relocated the front USB outlet location? The USB plug location for Android Auto and Apple Car Play in this vehicle model is inside the center console. Although there is a channel for the cord to exit this location there is no immediate good spot for the phone. Cup holders? Unless you want to put a beverage in there. Passenger seat? Unless you want a passenger sitting there. I find the most convenient place for a phone is under the climate controls but this requires you to string the cable across the entirety of the shifter and every other control in the center. Has anyone had success in relocating the USB outlets? I find it hard to believe the engineers would have mads such a bone-headed placement error but ...?

Old 01-18-2022, 07:35 AM
Default Usb outlet location

Yes the usb outlet inside arm rest box is stupid. I have to do twist and tie my arm in notes to get the plug in and out, and trailing wire makes no sense. Why not out it under heater controls in first place. The rear usb outlet is inside centre arm rest where heater controls are. How can my grand kids use heaters at back if 3rd child is sitting in middle rear seat.Totally no thought has gone into it. Not to mention the rear seats are good for children only.

Old 01-20-2022, 11:03 AM

I had owned the vehicle for less than 20 minutes before I realized what a bone headed move Mazda made. Under the dash by the Aux outlet would have been perfect. There is a charging pad available for some models in this same area below the climate controls. I would like to rewire the whole thing but wanted to know if anyone had ever done it before ???