Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification. Let's hear about it here.

Mazda 3i Amp + Sub Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 AM
Default Mazda 3i Amp + Sub Question

I'm completly new to the audio install scene so forgive me if my post has issues Although I'll greatly appreciate any good feedback from those that are more knoledgable. With that said here goes:

I am currently installing a CarPC into my Mazda 3i. I am powering it with a Opus 320w DC-DC PSU. I, for now, am planning on simply running a AUX In from the PC to the HU. However I would love to take advantage of the Audio outputs from the PC and upgrade my sound system at the same time.

My main question is is there a way to tap the stock HU to allow for a 4.1 setup from the amp? Considering I added a sub obviously...

I was planning on going from the stock hu > pc > amp > speakers. I don't know if it would be possible to simply cut the wires going from the HU to the stock speakers (my upgrade thoes too) tap them into an adapter and run that to the pc. Then run the pc out to the amp and then the amp back to the speakers agian.... I relly don't mind having to change audio sources via pc.

If anyone has any feedback, suggestions, etc. Please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
~RedS

Note: My Car does have the tweeters installed. I do not have the 6disk cd changer.