Electronics, Computer & Fuel Systems Talk about the powertrain control module, fuel systems and delivery, customization and more.

sub, amp, installation; wiring questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 12:20 PM
Default sub, amp, installation; wiring questions

Hey there, this is my first time using one of these thing. I hope I can get the asnwers I seek. I didn't see any relavent hits when I googled the subject. I have a box with two subwoofers in it that will fit nicely in the trunk, along with an amp to power them. I have a car stereo that will be compatable with the amp. My question regards how one should approach actually wiring the the amp, and where one should send wires from the dash to the trunk. I want it to look professional, so no lose wires. Also, powering the amp is an issue. I would like to know if someone can recommend a circuit to connect the amp to. The amp has its own fuses, so overload or underload will not be an issue. I look forward t hearing any suggestions, thanks.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:48 PM
Default RE: sub, amp, installation; wiring questions

I replaced the factory stereo but still ran my wires for the amp right down the middle of the car. Under the console then only had to go through a little bit of carpet to get under the back seat and in the trunk. I had to make one little hole from up under the dash to get to the battery, but it was no big deal and you can't see anything. I got a dash kit for my 2007 Mazda 6 and it only took an hr to do, the amp and speakers took 3 hrs to figure out and get it going. I talked to some guys at Circuit city first, but they would charge over $200 to do just the amp. Looks and sounds great now!

Old 05-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Default RE: sub, amp, installation; wiring questions

I have a problem with one of mi front lights ,I replaced bulb and checked fuse , other side works fine, can anyone help me ,how can I get fix this problem thanks.

ROPE