Mazda CX-9 This larger SUV adds a V6 option, as well as more cargo room, to the CX-7 option.

Freezing Temps - Navi Display & Low Tire Pressure Warning

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 02:26 PM
Default Freezing Temps - Navi Display & Low Tire Pressure Warning

Anyone have any issues where when it's REALLY COLD out (like 20 degrees or colder) that the Low Tire Pressure Light comes on? I also notice that the display on the audio/navi screen is very light and hard to read - making the backup camera useless.

Just wanted to see if I was alone or if I should get it checked out at the dealer.

Happy Holidays!
Carie

Old 12-23-2008, 06:57 PM
Default RE: Freezing Temps - Navi Display & Low Tire Pressure Warning

Try putting more air in the tires.

Cold air will drop the pressure inside your tires.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:17 AM

That your TPMS system is issuing a low pressure warning is totally normal. As sstlaure correctly stated, cold temperatures cause the pressure in your tires to drop. We have had cars since 2003 with TPMS systems, and this happens every fall and winter for each car. Simply "air" your tires to the recommended PSI on a really cold day and you should be good to go for the rest of the winter.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:57 PM

Yup, the NAV screen is pretty dark on cold days when you starup. Those LCD crystals are frozen and not so re-active. Once it warms up, back to poor quality normal graphics.

Also the low tire is normal. See if you can get them filled with Nitrogren and you'll never have to make adjustements any time of year ever again.

Old 01-04-2009, 11:24 PM

I still see nitrogen filled tires needing to be topped off now and then.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 AM

ORIGINAL: howardru

Yup, the NAV screen is pretty dark on cold days when you starup. Those LCD crystals are frozen and not so re-active. Once it warms up, back to poor quality normal graphics.

Also the low tire is normal. See if you can get them filled with Nitrogren and you'll never have to make adjustements any time of year ever again.
Uhhhh, sorry, no. Nitrogen is just as constrained by the Ideal Gas Law as "Air" (which happens to be 78% nitrogen by the way). Believe it or not, running Nitrogen in your tires will still require you to top them off every so often to keep the pressure up.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:00 PM

What I find strange is that a car this price and with "technology package" still does not display the actual air pressure on each tire. Cars one third of this price do.... and I guess the transmitters are there since they do have an overall alarm....