Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

tire pressure warning light

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Default tire pressure warning light

this morning my tpms light came on and beeped. I looked at each tire but all seemed fine. The front right seemed a slight bit lower. My questions are...
1. Is there a way to reset the light to see if it comes back on?
2. Yesterday some idiot in a toyota fjcruiser backed into my front right side and dented in the area where the bumper/quarter panel meets next to the headlight. It wasnt a hard hit but is there anyway this could have set it off? It wasnt on last night after it happened

When i get home tonight ill check pressures

Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Default RE: tire pressure warning light

You have a low tire, once you air it back up the light will go out

Old 10-24-2008, 12:15 PM

Check your spare, my wife has a 06 Mitsubishi Endeavor and had the same problem all the tires had the proper amount of air in them and the light wouldn't go out so I took to the dealer and it turned out the spare was low!

Old 10-24-2008, 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: pooley

this morning my tpms light came on and beeped. I looked at each tire but all seemed fine. The front right seemed a slight bit lower. My questions are...

When i get home tonight ill check pressures
'Looking' is not the answer.

A Tire Gauge is the answer. And not the cheap one from the quicky mart.
Go to a good parts shop and buy a good quality gauge(1). Keep it in your car.

Check your tires at least once a month. More often if your particular tires lose air faster.

(1) I recommend the heavy brass cased dial gauges(2), make sure it is easy to read.
Avoid the fancy electronic gauges as you KNOW the batteries will be dead when you really need it.

(2) I have seen people who happily pay 200$ per tire checking the air pressure with a 99 cent gauge from cheapcrapmart. headscratcher.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:07 PM

I took it to a gas station at lunch
The pressure was 20lbs (on a heavy brass gauge)

Filled it up and now keeping an eye on it

Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 PM

Although I use a $7.99 Victor pressure gauge, it reads the same as my $60 truck tiregauge.
I had one of the sensors leaking on my 07, The dealership fixed it for nothing.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:24 AM

i too had the warning light turn on and guess what???? I only had a huge nail in the tire. the tire did not look low at all but the warning light was on, I truly belief in the TPMS. it my have saved me from having a blow out or even worst, deadly accident since I was heading home for the Xmas holiday.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:07 AM

I'm with you on that M3. I was in Fort Worth this weekend and just as I left the bar and got back on the interstate to head back to Austin, the TPMS went off. I got back off the freeway and pulled into a gas station, looked around, and though, "hmm... they all look fine." So I started checking pressures. The one that was low turned out to have a screw in it. It was barely lower than the rest and wasn't rapidly losing air so I went ahead and drove it home and got it fixed when I came to Waco on Monday.

I think that prevented my mom from getting screwed up too. She just recently bought a Mazda6 shortly after I got my car. Someone yelled over at her one time and was like, "Hey lady your tire is low!" Mom looked down for the TPMS and saw no light and went, "Nah I'm fine." The guy was like, "No... really... your tire is low!" She said, "No really I'm good. Thanks but I'm fine." and took off.

She got home... not a damn thing flat. So who knows what that guy's intentions would have been.