Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

2010 CX-7 Turbo Blown

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Default 2010 CX-7 Turbo Blown

I would like to make everyone aware that the 2010 CX-7 Turbo is just like the 2007. I already have 65,000 miles on this car and everything is starting to go. I get oil changes every 3500 miles I noticed a smell coming from my exhaust and took it to the Mazda dealership in Denton, TX where I bought the car and they could not find anything wrong. I took it home and the smell got stronger. I took it back to Mazda and now they told me that my oil line was clogged and the Turbo is blown. The advisor than scribbled on a piece of paper and told me that it would cost $2400 because I was 5,000 miles out of my powertrain warranty. I asked for a formal quote and was told that he could write it out neater. I called Mazda Customer Service and they told me that they would see if they could help me. At the end of the day the customer service rep does not call back and Mazda is not willing to stand by their products.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a car dealership and would absolutely never recommend Classic Mazda of Denton or Mazda in general to anyone.

Old 10-10-2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by gregalesci
I would like to make everyone aware that the 2010 CX-7 Turbo is just like the 2007. I already have 65,000 miles on this car and everything is starting to go. I get oil changes every 3500 miles I noticed a smell coming from my exhaust and took it to the Mazda dealership in Denton, TX where I bought the car and they could not find anything wrong. I took it home and the smell got stronger. I took it back to Mazda and now they told me that my oil line was clogged and the Turbo is blown. The advisor than scribbled on a piece of paper and told me that it would cost $2400 because I was 5,000 miles out of my powertrain warranty. I asked for a formal quote and was told that he could write it out neater. I called Mazda Customer Service and they told me that they would see if they could help me. At the end of the day the customer service rep does not call back and Mazda is not willing to stand by their products.

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a car dealership and would absolutely never recommend Classic Mazda of Denton or Mazda in general to anyone.
Changing your oil every one thousand miles miles wouldn't have done you any good if you used crap oil. The flip side is that if you had sprung for a high quality synthetic oil then you could probably gone an easy seven to ten thousand miles per oil change without your engine suffering any ill affects.

FWIW, I've owned turbocharged cars from a number of different manufacturers (and am considering yet another one for my next car); I've always used the best synthetics available (Mobil 1 0W-40 and German made Castrol Syntech 0W-30 are two of my favorites), and while I've read many complaints similar to yours about the cars I've owned, I've never once had to replace a turbocharger, even after several hundred thousand miles.