Mazda CX-7 This sporty turbocharged 4 cylinder SUV combines the spirit of a performance car with the versatility of an SUV.

2007 CX-7 PCM? Someone help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Default 2007 CX-7 PCM? Someone help me out!

So I'm new here and have a 2007 Mazda CX-7 AWD. I'm looking for some advice. I took my car to Jiffy Lube for a standard oil change, in doing so they reccomended a new air filter and a replacement license plate light and reverse light. I agreed and 20 minutes later they pulled my car out of their garage. The car was running PERFECT before dropping it off. When I got into the car, I started it and noticed the engine light and traction control light were on, I put it into gear thinking they may have reset the battery when doing the lighting and the car clunked and wouldn't shift out of 3rd. I pulled around to the back of the shop again and had them look at the car. 2 hours later they said they didn't know what was wrong (was throwing a MAF sensor code) but they woul drive it to a shop and have someone more qualified look at it. Turns out the PCM (some of the shops refer to it as ECU) is out. I have to have the car towed to Mazda now. Jiffy Lube is saying it's not their problem, I can't prove they did anything wrong, but again, the technician at Jiffy Lube even addmited the car had no warning lights and was running fine when he pulled it in, and not when it was pulled out. I'm thinking something eletrical may have fried the ECU, but I know jack about cars. I do know, that if I would have never taken my car to Jiffy Lube, I wouldn't have the issue I'm having. Now Jiffy Lube says if I can't PROVE it was them that made an error, I'm out of luck (stuck with most likely thosands in repair). Am I out of line here, or does an ECU just randomly go out and it's just the biggest coincidence in the world?