Mazda6 This powerful new sedan offers a sporty feel and stout engine, all without compromising the ability to seat 5.

Blown out tire!

Old 11-23-2006, 01:18 PM
Default Blown out tire!

I was driving home last night and my tire blew out. I basically was right next to my house so I just drove and parked, it was like midnight so I just went to bed. Woke up this morning and the front bumper was hanging off on the drivers side where the tire blew out! I almost fainted. My baby! I am guessing from the tire blowing out it just popped the bumper off. I fixed it except I need some retaining clips for the inner wheel well. It is the black thing that covers the whole wheel well and where it connects to the front bumper and body I need the retaining clips. Probaly about 5-10 of them. It is pouring out and I couldnt really get under there. So if anyone knows off where I can get them besides a dealership it woul dbe most helpful! Any suggestions or insights would be amazing also! Thanks!

Brandon!

Old 11-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Default RE: Blown out tire!

Check with a local automotive paint supply store. They probably have those unique fasteners. You should need a small plastic 2-stage push-pin. As a temporary fix you could pull the ones that hold the carpet liner into your trunk lid. They should be the same size.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:37 PM

I can't speak for all parts stores, but I work for auto zone and we carry those. You may not find the specific one you need, but just bring one with you, or a good example from the other side, and get one with the same diameter. They are like sst said, two stage push-pins, or screw-pins (you push the base into the hole through the inner fender and then either push or screw the top in which expands the base and holds the inner fender in).

Old 11-24-2006, 11:56 PM

Thanks guys! Mazda had them really cheap! SO I just got them there! I am really upset. When it blew out when I went off of the road the front end slammed into the ground so it hit my front bumper and plastic skid plate and when I went outside the following morning my bumper was off! I fixed it all and got hte push pins, not I just need a new tire. Looks almost as good as new except on the drivers side there is a bigger gap near the light fixture closer to the center of the car then compared to the outside. I notice it right awayt bbecause I pay attention to close details like that. I dont think most people would notice it, but it is a 2005, newest car I have ever owned so it upsets me!