Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear defroster "auto ON"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:48 PM
Default Rear defroster "auto ON"?

Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to tweak the rear defrost switch / wiring so that the rear defroster automatically comes back in the ON position when the car starts?

This seems essential when remote starting the car in winter to have all windows fog-free when entering the car... Right now, even if the rear defroster is on when turning off the car, there is no memory function and the defroster always cames back to the off position when the car starts.

I noticed that the AC switch (identical kind of switch on the left side) does have a memory function and will stay ON when restarting the car. Why can't the rear defrost switch be the same? Doesn't anyone has a solution for this?

I have a 2016 CX-5 model with dealer installed remote starter (separate remote in addition to the standard key). The Mazda service guy told me there was nothing he could do about it... Thank you in advance to all you resourcefull geniuses!

Last edited by exocontact; 01-01-2017 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Additional info