Mazda CX-5 The CX-5 CUV debuts Mazda's SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY and is unique for its impressive fuel economy, responsive handling and bold style
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 MAZDA CX5 -Audio and IPOD

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 06:20 PM
mal

Could someone help me resolve my issues with the rear speakers? Two of the 11 speakers hardly produce sound. I took the car to an independent audio shop and they detected those two rear speakers are not getting much power. They would not replace the speakers until I returned to the dealer.
The dealer repeatedly said that's the way they work. When I showed him the picture of the meter reading I was told that's how the tweedlers work.
SOS Mazda refers me to Bose . .Bose back to the dealer . . .Bose to corporate . Corporate tells me to go to another dealer for an evaluation because they will not accept the independent finding . . . . . ..I just want the rear speakers to work . . .
Thanks, Mal

Old 10-01-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by JeffMD
Just ditch the ipod.. slap your music on a usb stick and be done with it. I didn't care for the quality loss from bluetooth so I copied all the music on my phone to a usb stick. It works out great, sounds great, and unlike over bluetooth my album pictures load.In my last car I was using an aptX bluetooth reciever, so I was using my smart watch to control the music. My mazda3 '16 has all the controls on the wheel so I just stopped using my phone outright.
I don't have an IPOD, but I do use a 32 gig USB stick when traveling. It, too, will revert to playing the first song on the stick every time the power is turned off and back on. I think the problem is in the USB interface.

Old 10-02-2016, 01:42 AM

schmieg, the only time i've noticed it resets and requires me to go in and toggle random play (I have an album at the front that the player fails to play, so its silent) is if I change the source to something else and back.

Are you using the mazda connect or the deck in the base model?

MAL, unfortunately you found your issue, now your problem is WHY is it weak? See if you can test the wire quality and detect leakage. If the wire is fine then your culprit is the amp and your entire radio system needs to be replaced.

Old 10-02-2016, 08:35 AM
mal
Thumbs down Terrible sound system

Originally Posted by Gene Geary
Bought on 3/22/13 and so far I love it but i do have some issues with the audio. First off the Bose sound system is bad. I can't believe Bose put their name on it. Most of the sound comes from the center front speaker on the dash and the only adjustment is to fade more to rear speakers. Now the problems with the Audio interface. I have an IPOD NANO 4G hooked up and everytime the car is restarted, the IPOD doesn't continue where you left off but starts again at the first song listed. Very aggravating. Yesterday, the song playing on my IPOD doesn't match to the name and title on song list displayed. Anybody else having issues with the Bluetooth or IPOD?
I have a 2015 6 Grand Touring and the two rear speakers can hardly be heard. An independent audio shop told me that the AMP was not send 100% power to the read speakers. I have a photo and showed Mazda the photo and they said that is normal. That hardly produce 20% sound. The independent Audio said even if I replaced the rear speakers they would NOT play at 100% via lack of power going into those two rear speakers. I need better sound quality and also want to rear speakers to produce. SOS..Lori

Old 10-02-2016, 08:44 AM
mal
Thumbs down Bose speakers

Originally Posted by JeffMD
schmieg, the only time i've noticed it resets and requires me to go in and toggle random play (I have an album at the front that the player fails to play, so its silent) is if I change the source to something else and back.

Are you using the mazda connect or the deck in the base model?

MAL, unfortunately you found your issue, now your problem is WHY is it weak? See if you can test the wire quality and detect leakage. If the wire is fine then your culprit is the amp and your entire radio system needs to be replaced.
Indeed I am using the Connect, it doesn't matter the mode of play those two rear speakers can only be heard when you stick your head in the trunk. Who is responsible for this issue. The dealership has made up all kinds of excuses and corporate want me to take it to another dealership. They will not honor the AUDIO stores finding about the lack of power going to those two speakers.
So what your saying is that the dealership should honor replace the amp and radio system? It is a Grand Touring 2015 and I cannot believe the poor sound quality. Corporate want a dealership to find the problem and only then will they fix it.
I actually purchased two new Alpine speakers and the independent Audio would not but the speakers in because he said they would NOT work100%.
How can I get the dealership to replace both since it is practically a new car?
Thank you so much . . .. .Onward

Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 AM

Aside from getting another mazda dealership to say yes? I guess that just leaves arbitration? Essentially mazda's dealership is telling you your car's defect is "normal" as much as only "one headlight" would be normal. Easy to prove but because they say no, you will have to go a more legal responsability route. You could check to see if there is a social support team on facebook or twitter. Sometimes airing your problem out in public gets things done.