Wheels, Tires and other Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

What's a good all-season tire for a 2011 Mazda6?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:09 AM
Default What's a good all-season tire for a 2011 Mazda6?

Time to get new tires to replace my Pirelli Cinturato P7's. They're quiet and not bad, but just seeing what else is out there. Looking for something with better winter traction especially, but still quiet. Any ideas?
And "bang for the buck" is definitely desired here. It's the family car, driven daily.

Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 PM

I have purchased Toyo Celsius for my past Camry and my wife's forester. The Celsius is a "all Weather" tire not "all season" tire. The Celsius has a winter tire designation stamp but is also designed to be driven in all other seasons. Almost as good as a true winter tire.

I get a local tire store (townfair tires) to price match tiredirect.net.

I just got my 2018 Mazda 6 and that is probably what I will do, not this winter but the next (just got the car).

If you are into performance, you may consider getting Continental DWS. The DWS stands for Dry Wet and Snow. This is more of a performance all season tire with decent snow performance.but it is not even close when you compare the performance to a winter tire and is not comparable to the Celsius for snow traction. But this tire is AMAZING in the rain. This tire is also slightly pricey.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:44 PM

My standard answer: I recommend that you go to TireRack for research. On a forum like this you will get one or two opinions. On TireRack you will get the benefit of the compilation of hundreds of opinions. Their site also has the benefit of ratings in a pile of categories to help you figure out not only what is the best tire but what is the best tire based on your specific needs.

I went with dedicated Winter Tires (Michelin X-Ice 3) and planned to replace the stock tires with summer tires when they wore out. The problem is, the stock tires seem to still be in near perfect shape and I have 92,000 miles on the car. I am not sure if I will need new tires before I trade in my Mazda. Obviously, what was best for me in the North East is not what is best for you in New Mexico.

Good luck.

Old 06-17-2019, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by mazdaCPA
My standard answer: I recommend that you go to TireRack for research. On a forum like this you will get one or two opinions. On TireRack you will get the benefit of the compilation of hundreds of opinions. Their site also has the benefit of ratings in a pile of categories to help you figure out not only what is the best tire but what is the best tire based on your specific needs.

I went with dedicated Winter Tires (Michelin X-Ice 3) and planned to replace the stock tires with summer tires when they wore out. The problem is, the stock tires seem to still be in near perfect shape and I have 92,000 miles on the car. I am not sure if I will need new tires before I trade in my Mazda. Obviously, what was best for me in the North East is not what is best for you in New Mexico.

Good luck.
Your standard answer is not the best solution.

You say go to TireRack for research. when they don't carry Toyo Celcius.
There is also 1010tires which is another good place to research tires.

It is also hard to believe that your stock tires that have 92,000 is in near perfect shape???

Bottom line is, definitely do research but TireRack is not the only place to do research, is it just one tool. Also google reviews on the tires, etc....

And I also live in the NorthEast (from Montreal) where it is a law to have winter tires during the winter and Toyo Celcius passes the test because it has the winter tire designation stamped on the tire but this is considered a "all weather" tire because it can be used in all four seasons.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:43 PM

Keep in mind, the Toyo Celcius is unlikely to provide the kind of spirited ride and handling the Mazda6 is well known for, that and that tire has a very limited offering relative to sizes and may very well not be available in the correct size for the Mazda6.

In addition, if a long tread life is desirable, the Celcius cannot hold a candle to the Pirelli Cinturato P7s.

Old 06-17-2019, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by joshua_boston
Your standard answer is not the best solution.

You say go to TireRack for research. when they don't carry Toyo Celcius.
There is also 1010tires which is another good place to research tires.

It is also hard to believe that your stock tires that have 92,000 is in near perfect shape???

Bottom line is, definitely do research but TireRack is not the only place to do research, is it just one tool. Also google reviews on the tires, etc....

And I also live in the NorthEast (from Montreal) where it is a law to have winter tires during the winter and Toyo Celcius passes the test because it has the winter tire designation stamped on the tire but this is considered a "all weather" tire because it can be used in all four seasons.

Ok. - TireRack works for me. Something else may work better for someone else. Either way, I think it is better than getting the opinion of one or two people in different parts of the world with different driving habits.

My Mazda has 92,000 miles. I have winter tires for 3 months of the year so I guess the stock tires have 65,000 to 70,000 miles on them. The tread looks perfect to me. even wear and still fairly deep. I just had PA State inspection and the mechanic didn't give me the warning that they would need to be replaced soon or fail to pass inspection. I am guessing I will have another year on them.