Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Default RE: TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

hey jessejamze, i like what you've done to your vehicle! I can see what you mean about that paint scheme, it can get a little tricky because of how the lining is on our 6es. How does that system sound? I actually thought about removing the stock sub as well and just slap two 12" Audiobahn subs facing upward into that empty slot and see how it sounds. Would you recommend that position for the subs over the others? (I would have assumed that you experimented with changing positions with the sub angles).

Old 08-21-2006, 03:08 AM

Actually i cant face the sub up towards the hole, it wont fit, the sub is bolted it with 1/4 20 bolts and they stick up just enough to catch the lip under the rear deck. I tried facing it forward but its so close to the back seat that the port doesnt have enough room to breath. Facing to the back it just rattles the hell out of the trunk, even with 200 sq ft of sound deadener. So i have it at an angle kinda facing up and back. I still get some rattles but not that bad, the trunk flexes more than i like tho. It sounds ok but i wouldnt compete with it, its only about 130-135 db but its for everyday listening, its my daily driver. If you have any questions just give me a shout, ill try my best to help.

Old 09-17-2006, 01:01 PM

wow, i've been busy as all hell the last month. figured i'd give a little update now that i have a bit of free time at the moment. I've ordered the Ipod Integration system that hooks up to the head unit in my 6. Got a 60gb ipod from my girl for my birthday so of course i had to spoil my ride a little bit more. Also, the Injen SES exhaust purrs really nice! it put out a CEL for the first two weeks until the computer tweaked it into calibration to run the car nicely. The raspy-ness is very badass and have had plenty of compliments on it!

I've also purchased a Sharkfin Antenna that is being painted as I type so that will be slapped on soon enough. The reception is supposed to be better than the stubby antennas on the market right now so I'm giving it a shot. Every little bit helps when you are dealing with these damn mountains/hills in Pennsylvania where you lose reception fairly easily in spots. Either way, the looks of the antenna are pretty damn sweet! That's all I have for now.... money is short, school is kicking my ***, and i just wanna work on my car!

Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 PM

jessejamez, who are you on mazda6club? I saw the sticker.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:19 AM

jessejamze. Where did you see the stick? You around my way or just from the pic?

Old 10-08-2006, 01:19 PM

Well, I'm off to the local "mom and pop" tint shop tomorrow at noon! This place is called 21st Car Audio and is highly recommended to anyone in the area. They have a lifetime guarantee and they are perfectionists, so if they mess up, they will fix it until it is perfect! This is going to set the look of my car to a very impressive stance if you ask me! Can't wait any longer... well, off to work i go to help pay for this mod! I'll post pictures up probably tomorrow with the new tint. Also have that sharkfin antenna incoming as well within the next couple of weeks!

Old 10-10-2006, 04:09 PM

the tint is looking really good... i have to give this guy mad props for his expertise! what would have taken me hours only took him one hour! that's damn impressive and looks damn good! Haven't had time to get a picture yet but when I wash up my car to show it off a little, I'll take a picture and post it up!

Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Alright, I have my sharkfin antenna installed and damn does it look pretty good! Didn't even have it on for 10 minutes before my buddies pulled into the driveway and complemented the look of my vehicle. Just recently got my windows tinted 35% as well as finished painting my front brake calipers. I'm still in the process of doing interior lighting and making it look neat (not all clutter). Lemme know what you all think of my ride as of this point. I shall be needing new wheels soon enough, but I think that will definitely be put off until next year when it is nice out again!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/42595D1367A346F6A2F6287ADFEBA063.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-28-2006, 06:02 AM

yes your car is comming along very nicely, and yes a set of rims will be nice...got any ideas on size, color, and brand?

Old 10-28-2006, 12:21 PM

well i would really like to have a set of 18 inch rims, but here in Pittsburgh the potholes would chew them up real fast unfortunately. I'll have to think things over for the winter and then once the weather gets nice out, i'll have hopefully made my decision. All i know is that a gunmetal colour would look pretty decent off my car.

Quick Reply: TGM_6's Ride in Progress...