Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/)
-   -   TGM_6's Ride in Progress... (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/off-topic-4/tgm_6s-ride-progress-4251/)

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:13 AM

TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

I'd Just like to keep a record of what modifications have been done to my vehicle... That way people can see what I have done and comment on my ride, as well as get ideas to do for their vehicles (if not help me out as well). Anyway, here it goes. I'll try to explain each modification that I do to help you out and understand what I have done.

Here is my ride as it currently sits with modifications...

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/F6D2990B00124F57AAA4FDC1998B2BC4.jpg[/IMG]

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:31 AM

RE: TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

Here is the current setup of my ride divided into sections...

Audio Modifications
[ul][*] 6 Disc CD Changer (Additional)[/ul]

Engine / Exhaust Modifications
[ul][*] Injen SES Exhaust[*] Injen v6 CAI w/ Hydroshield[*] K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter[*] Kartboy Hangers (w/ Atomic Fireball Candy! [sm=icon_flaming.gif])[*] Fumoto Valve ( F107N model)[*] NRG Carbon Fiber Hood Dampers

[/ul]

Exterior Modifications
[ul][*] Clear Chrome Euro Tail Lights[*] Clear Side Markers[*] Custom 1/4" Mesh Grille (Removed)[*] Debadged "V6" and "Mazda6" emblems[*] G2 Red Painted Brake Calipers[*] I-Series Stubby Antenna[*] Mr. Grille Sport Billet[*] Removed Door Guards[*] Sharkfin Antenna (body color)[*] 35% Window Tint (excluding front WS)
[/ul]

Interior Modifications
[ul][*] Lotek 3-Slotted GaugePod (black)[*] Tinted 7 Color Air/Fuel Gauge[*] Tinted 7 Color Oil Pressure Gauge[*] Tinted 7 Color Oil Temp Gauge[*] Tinted 7 Color Volt Gauge
[/ul]

Lighting Modifications
[ul][*] Brake Light Modification (5 Lights)[*] Euro Designz Red LED Lighting (two sets)[*] Five Red Pilot PL-SW12R Switches
[/ul]

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:36 AM

Here is a picture of my NRG Carbon Fiber Hood damper... I say this was a good investment for the mere fact that i can lift the hood up and not have to prop it up with that stock rod that would scratch the hole area in the engine compartment. Not only does this add style, but it is much easier to keep the hood up too with less effort! [sm=smiley20.gif]

The install time i was looking at was about 15 minutes... That included taking off the original hood stick and then removing lower bolts on upper hood to make place for the damper. Very quick install, I just made sure everything was perfect. I even painted the bronze colored bolts to my car color paint just so they wouldn't stand out as much!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/07366E86640449E2B887212447FD6C14.jpg[/IMG]

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:42 AM

The Brake Light Modification was fairly easy, hardest part was feeding the wire around my trunk from the outer lights and make it look nice! Install took about 20 minutes to make everything perfect. I zip-tied everything as well as used electrical tape to hold wires together for a clean install. There are plenty of writeups of how to do this mod on the internet. It's very easy, you just patch into the back left light... if you look at the back of the housing, you will notice there is a slot that isn't filled at all by wiring. So i just simply used a 14 gauge wire, and then put it into the inner two lights to make them all light up at the same time. Very easy, nothing to it really! ;)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/7A4AFC447F80427DA94E79A5A9C34EAF.jpg[/IMG]

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:48 AM

and onto the Mr. Grille Sport Billet. This wasn't the easiest to slap onto my car. I made this a big adventure because you have to bolt it up to your stock mesh grille. First of all, the bolts/screws that came with the kit were ridiculously short so i had to go into my garage and find some screws long enough to pop out the back of the mesh grille from the aftermarket piece. That wasn't a bad problem. I then had to make sure everything was lined up before i bolted, can't have a bad looking car.... ya know? I used zip-ties to hold the center piece on as that was all you could really do to hold it on. For the side areas where foglights would be, I cut out huge holes in the centers to allow for air flow to my CAI as well as to get a wind flow to the engine bay to keep my ride cool. The approximate time this took was about 1.5 hours to get this perfect! I think this was worth the time and effort, and it won't bend up like my damn mesh i had before with high winds! [:'(]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/FB408994571B4C3184829273C219D453.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/B799B4DACD65431EAF08972F8010FB6F.jpg[/IMG]

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 12:58 AM

I'm currently waiting on the incoming exhaust and exhaust hangers... time goes by so slow when you want something soo bad! Guess i'll be working on my interior lighting along with custom box for my rocker switches in the mean time. Lemme know what yinz all think so far...

87 turbo II 08-01-2006 01:16 AM

Wow your car rocks. You've done alot to it. If you ever want me to photoshop a mod on it I can give it a go too.

Alucard 08-01-2006 01:39 AM

Love the mods wish I had are car with so much aviliable for it.

Very nice I always enjoying checking what you have done to your car so far man keep it up.!

Tracker 08-01-2006 01:41 AM

I copyrighted the "progress page" thing, you own me 6 trillion dollars, no really thanx for showing me up with all your cool mods i cant afford:(

the_gray_mazda6 08-01-2006 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: 87 turbo II

Wow your car rocks. You've done alot to it. If you ever want me to photoshop a mod on it I can give it a go too.
Thanks for the compliment! I'll definitely let you know if I need a photoshopped picture. Right now I am working on the nitty-gritty things that you mostly won't see. But if you want to give it a shot, I would like to tint my windows! ;) I don't want to go really dark... maybe 35%.

ORIGINAL: Alucard

Love the mods wish I had are car with so much aviliable for it.

Very nice I always enjoying checking what you have done to your car so far man keep it up.!
Why thanks! I'll try to keep the modifications coming as well as I can! As school approaches in a few weeks, I'm going to have less time and less money as I have cut my hours back at work so that I can manage 18 credits of major classes this semester. I could be hurting after this year! [:'(]

ORIGINAL: Tracker

I copyrighted the "progress page" thing, you own me 6 trillion dollars, no really thanx for showing me up with all your cool mods i cant afford:(
ah damnit, there goes my money supply. Tracker, you're getting some pretty damn nice things on your car. And soon enough, I will be broke and trying to work on scrummaging up money to slap into my car. Thank god for birthday money coming up!