Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Default RE: TGM_6's Ride in Progress...

I think my next little mod is going to be taking these damn Door-Dinger Guards off. I dunno how much I am going to regret that yet, but I think it's going to make the car have a much cleaner look! I'll most likely remove the v6 badges on the side of my car as well. I Pointed out what I am talking about in the picture below. This is a very cheap mod... it's free if you have a little elbow grease and some goo-gone!

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/A1F2F945376E4355854F61F9E1BBC8B5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-01-2006, 06:48 PM

So I kept thinking about doing this and I finally forced myself to do the Debadging Process as well as Door Guards. I did everything except for the flying M symbols on the front and rear. The "V6" and "Mazda6" symbols are gone! Vanish! I left my vehicle sit outside in the 95 degree weather today for about an hour, then I took a thermometer and placed it on the outside of my car (whopping 107 degrees). That was perfect for using a little fishing line to start taking things off! All symbols / door guards were only held on by glue! and it easily came off because of the heat. I used a new product which you will see in the lower pictures I have taken that is amazing! highly recommended. This process, which included debadging, taking off door guards, and then using this new product as well as getting a brushless car wash only took a little over 1 hour.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/C52A32DFAFC94A5FA28664E401C7D3C2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/52BD2B7E34EF402BAFF4A89B3BEC551A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 PM

It does make the car look alot cleaner. I can also do tint jobs easy. I'm not going to touch the windshield because it is more ilegal than tinting, but later if you specify I can do it.

Old 08-01-2006, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

I copyrighted the "progress page" thing, you own me 6 trillion dollars, no really thanx for showing me up with all your cool mods i cant afford

You might wanna try "© or ®" next time!

Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 PM

that's with a 35% transparent black filter.

Old 08-01-2006, 10:26 PM

wow man, that looks pretty good. if i can get a note from my eye doctor saying i'm allergic to the sun to a point, i might even go darker because it would be legal then! but wow, that makes the car look pretty nice! thanks! and i like what you added to the lower right corner of the pic!

Old 08-01-2006, 11:34 PM

Hey Gray! What up? I was wondering about the K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter you got...... How much did it run you and where can i get it? I also got my 6 debadged... i hated the mazda 6 emblem in the back and now people know it's me without it

Old 08-02-2006, 12:16 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

wow man, that looks pretty good. if i can get a note from my eye doctor saying i'm allergic to the sun to a point, i might even go darker because it would be legal then! but wow, that makes the car look pretty nice! thanks! and i like what you added to the lower right corner of the pic!
yeah it's liek a dual logo. Also sorry about the driver's side of the car, I had to use the blur tool because my comp was going screwy and everytime I kept selectine the window area I had hilghted it made it smaller so the tint was off of the window a few inches so I just blurred it, I worked the problem out by the time I got to the passenger side I just didn't feel like fixing my mistake.

Old 08-02-2006, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: S1CkM6

Hey Gray! What up? I was wondering about the K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter you got...... How much did it run you and where can i get it? I also got my 6 debadged... i hated the mazda 6 emblem in the back and now people know it's me without it
Costs 15 bucks off the pracing.com website under the mazda6 section. Very good investment if you want high performance oil filtration. You can't tell the difference yourself, but you know that you feel safer with it.

87turbo, that's alright... it was pretty damn good anyway! I liked what it could look like if I were to do that to my car. So I was sitting outside of a restaurant yesterday, got lucky and sat in a booth where I could see my vehicle from the inside. I watched this group of guys (prob. mid twenties) just staring at my car and doing a walk around. Hopefully that was a good thing as they seemed to like what i've done thus far. That just about made my day since I only debadged it yesterday morning and got checked on only about 3 hours later by those guys. hah, the one guy scratched his head probably because there was no badges on it but the mazda flying M.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:46 PM

it is a good looking car. The tint would really set it off.

Quick Reply: TGM_6's Ride in Progress...