Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Superbowl Time.......

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:36 PM
Default Superbowl Time.......

It's just about that time of year where the superbowl hype really starts to get to its maximum levels! And yes, the Steelers (my home team) have made it to the superbowl so I'm gonna be cheering for them. I really don't know how they pulled through to make it this far after all of the injuries/key losses they have had but hell, they are in!

For those who were cheering for particular teams that didn't make it into the final round of football for the 2005-2006 season, I am sorry. But there is always next year and anything can happen!

Just wanted to know who everyone was cheering for. At least Jerome Bettis will go off with a good season and finish up his NFL history playing at his old hometown! Thats a reward in itself!

Steelers Versus Seahawks (Super Bowl XL -- Sun., Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. ET on ABC)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/85CACFF4296842DF98D4297479E22EFA.gif[/IMG]

Old 02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
Default RE: Superbowl Time.......

Man ! Has it been this long that I haven't been watching already ?! (moved in with girlfreind in '95 and son arrived in '97)

Back in the days of the Emmith Smiths -Troy Aikman, Rice , Favre , Sharpe , Marino , etc . I first watched the NFL in '89 when the NY Giants played the Buffalo Bills and Bills back then had made it to the Bowl at least 3-5 times in a row ? and lost how many too ??

I remember back then getting (between '89-95 I watched the NFL religiously) Jerome Bettis' rookie card and cards as he was a young full of potential promising prospect ! I wonder how much his cards are worth today !? Maybe you , Ross , be interested ? I'll have to look in my shoe box of cards to see which exact ones I have of him and others and if you want I'll get back to you on it

Old 02-06-2006, 12:32 AM

ORIGINAL: the_gray_mazda6

At least Jerome Bettis will go off with a good season and finish up his NFL history playing at his old hometown! Thats a reward in itself!

Steelers Versus Seahawks (Super Bowl XL -- Sun., Feb. 5 at 6 p.m. ET on ABC)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1541/85CACFF4296842DF98D4297479E22EFA.gif[/IMG]

What a hard time the Steelers had in the first 19 minutes , but they played wonderfully after on , especially the play shoot by Randle El , & that 75 yard run making Super Bowl historical first !

Congrats Bill & Jerome , nicely deserved after all those years !

Old 02-06-2006, 02:01 AM

thats very cool about the rookie cards... I have a few myself laying about somewhere in a box. That game was looking pretty rough the first half of the game. That just made the group of adults that I was with drink more to solve the problem supposedly haha. But how about that handoff to Randle El which was then thrown to Hines Ward ( my boy )! That was great... they arent afraid to put that ball in a college QBs hands that rarely handles the ball in that position!

I will say that the halftime show was rather disappointing. Mick Jagger, well he is a great musician/leader but his live performances lack on a few levels. Even the group of adults that I was with that grew up in his era were saying bad things about the performance. But oh well, its all about the game!

Old 02-06-2006, 02:51 AM

I agree , poor old Mick

It was my son's first NFL game (8 yo) & he watched the game to the end to make sure Pit. win it ; he thoroughly enjoyed it just as I did .... reminds me of my first watch ever : Super Bowl XXV Ny Giants win over Buffalo Bills . When I find my cards in the future ; I'll get back to you on what I have & ya let me know what ch'you got .

Old 02-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Old 02-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Administrator

ross, were you a part of those riots?

Old 02-08-2006, 11:44 PM

unfortunately I had a business law test and a managerial accounting III quiz.... if those weren't an issue, then I would have most definitely been there. Once I turn 21 in september, I am going to go down to the city and hang out at Hines Ward's bar.... he's there every weekend drinking and playing pool with a group of steeler's there!