Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Sad News... :(

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2022, 01:41 AM
Unhappy Sad News... :(

About a month ago, I mentioned how Mazda is doing well in safety. But, right now, the Mazda CX-5 failed the updated moderate overlap test just recently. The article is right here.

I was wondering your thoughts about it. I was disappointed about this, considering Mazda did well in the updated side crash test. I was wondering how Mazda will respond to this. I think they should have a chance in improving this in the future.

Old 12-13-2022, 07:09 AM

Looks like the driver would have survived. Back seat passengers always take a beating in these types of crashes. I suspect a heavily armored military vehicle would have fared better but not too many SUV’s in the same class as the CX5 would do much different.
The only way to 100% avoid a situation like that would be to never get into a vehicle. Too many folks on the road playing with their phones while behind the wheel. And there I go…wandering off topic…

Old 12-13-2022, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Gozo
Looks like the driver would have survived. Back seat passengers always take a beating in these types of crashes. I suspect a heavily armored military vehicle would have fared better but not too many SUV’s in the same class as the CX5 would do much different.
The only way to 100% avoid a situation like that would be to never get into a vehicle. Too many folks on the road playing with their phones while behind the wheel. And there I go…wandering off topic…

You forgot to add EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 4 on board cameras and if I wanted to make a typical day film of drivers being idiots the number one would be cell phone use, then not stopping at stop signs and followed by excessive speed over the post limit in traffic....

Old 02-17-2023, 04:33 AM

Well but still it's the best actually

Old 05-13-2023, 03:11 PM

I saw a rear crash test for this car, and the seats reclined all the way back. This problem seems to be ignored by the industry and regulators.