Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Place Your Face With Your Name!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Default RE: Place Your Face With Your Name!

That picture was taken at the sierra vista car show in arizona. I recieved 2nd place in the tuner division. It's basically like a classic car show and they added the tuner division for diversity. It was my first show. I do have a myspace account with a folder for the show with some cars in it. I didn't leave my car very much so i only got a few.

http://www.myspace.com/jneddo22

Old 12-12-2007, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Y'know RenJen, looking through your pics I saw the one of the new tires. While it's not a big deal the shop that installed them did not pay attention to the line up marks provided by the manufacturer. In your case Ibelieve that yellow circle indicatesthe light side of the tire where theyshould've lined up the valve stem.(I amsure butbelieve also that the red spot indicates which side of the stem they should stay between.) In my case (Kumho's) they were red circles.
It probably is not the end of the world, but no tire is perfectly balanced in the manufacturing process, so they do that to help compensate and soless weight is required to balance the wheel/tire combination.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:10 PM

hmm.. lets see if this works

Name:  render1mensblack.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  30.6 KB
this is what i do

Name:  upload.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  84.9 KBo

This is who i am... the blonde sticking out in the middle of the crowd lol

Old 12-12-2007, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

The one w/the red eyes? Oh, wait, you ALL have red eyes!!>>?? [sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]Scary!!

That's a very interesting ring, Steph! Being more traditional I'm not usually taken by "modern" but I like that.
Nice work!

And BTW: Welcome!! 'Nice to have another woman on here too. What are you driving? You don't say.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:36 PM

lol yeah the one with the red eyes.

i design jewelry and work for a custom design store.. i'm in the process of helping my dad (who's also a jeweler) buy a store then i'm moving back to the east coast to start my own business in a few years.

I drive a 2004 mazda3S bright blue [&:]

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Y'know RenJen, looking through your pics I saw the one of the new tires. While it's not a big deal the shop that installed them did not pay attention to the line up marks provided by the manufacturer. In your case Ibelieve that yellow circle indicatesthe light side of the tire where theyshould've lined up the valve stem.(I amsure butbelieve also that the red spot indicates which side of the stem they should stay between.) In my case (Kumho's) they were red circles.
It probably is not the end of the world, but no tire is perfectly balanced in the manufacturing process, so they do that to help compensate and soless weight is required to balance the wheel/tire combination.

errr i dunno. I just know my rims aren't designed for the tire pressure sensor and i have to pull the sensors off since i really don't need them.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I like that design, and best of luck to you.

Now, I assume you drive a 3S sedan, or is it a HB (5-dr, as some like to call it?)Stick (MTX, to the uninitiated) or Man-U-Matic (ATX,) as I like to call them?
This is a Mazda car board, y'know. Youhave to share and know something about your car to join in all the silly conversation that goes on 'round here.

j/k

Old 12-12-2007, 07:19 PM

i'm a sedan type of gal, i actually haven't even liked the look of any hatchbacks until recently... unfortunatly my parents bought me my car when i was 16 and they wanted me to have automatic becuase my mom can't drive stick and if for any reason she had to pick me up drunk at a party she needed a way to get my car home... so me being a drunk 16 year old ruined the chances of me getting a manual. i love driving manual, wish mine was manual, almost traded it to a friend for a manual.... but his had like 20,000 more miles then mine so i decided not to.

Old 12-12-2007, 07:27 PM

know whats funny. i wanted an automatic (i didnt know how to drive a manual) but i know now that i would be missing out on a standard soo much. its soo much fun.. unlike automatic where you get in put it into gear and go... although im pretty sure you have the autobox. but its no comparison. in fact driving my grandmas EL or both my parent's MDX is horrible. i cant do it.. i want to hit the clutch every damn time. thank god i learned how to drive it and now am addicted.. next car is a manual for sure!!! HOWEVER that wont be for a lonnng time.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:36 PM

omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg!!!!!!

we have a girl on the forums now???
omg omg omg omg!! when did this happen??
lol.

welcome aboard!!

(we have VERY few females here, as you can probably guess)

Quick Reply: Place Your Face With Your Name!