Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Our New Addition. Help Us Name Him.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default Our New Addition. Help Us Name Him.

Long story as short as I can make it:
Two weeks ago we were almost adopted by what I believed to be a Shepherd-Boxer mixed female dog. She showed up when I came home that Tuesday, and at first I thought she was a neighbor's dog so I tried to get her to go home.
By Friday we had pretty much resigned ourselves to the fact that we had a new dog and that we were going to need food and other things for her.
My wife left for work and to get food, dishes, collars, etc, but as she did the dog followed her out never to return.

Fast forward to yesterday. We car-pooled and when I went to pick up Wendy in the afternoon, she had a box in her hands that was MEOWING!!! Keep in mind that Wendy has an allergy to pet dander... especially cats.

I was not too happy, and even less so when I found out it was a male and black. Already been there/done that. None-the-less he is cute. Of course he is. He's a kitten, and apparently ours!!

She told me the cat was free. Sure it was. And a quick $165 later @ Petco proved just how free he is. Add to that the neutering which is GOING to happen as soon as possible, and declawing, plus any other medical needs and this cat is surly free all right.

Like I said, he is cute and we have him now. He slept with me last night and seems to be trying to get on my good side... of course he has... for now.

Nicknames so far have been:
Dexter; Dude!; Black Betty (a joke); "Lamont" (Ya' BIG dummy); Kid; Squeaky; Cat.

Here we are NOT watching the Ranger's beat Atlanta last night (W6-2):

Name:  06-18-11-01.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  47.8 KB

He found a hiding place this morning in the afghan my mother made for me some 35yrs ago.

Name:  06-19-11-02.jpg
Size:  83.2 KB

Typing? What a concept!!

Name:  06-19-11-03.jpg
Size:  49.3 KB

WaddoUthink? Any suggestions welcomed.

Old 07-13-2011, 10:31 AM

Cute cat! I'd go for Lamont - more original than the others you've come up with :P

Old 07-13-2011, 10:35 AM

My son brought home a kitten a couple of years back and after batting around ideas he decided upon "Bacon". Why? Beats the ******* out of me but for whatever reason, Bacon seems to fit her name quite well.

With the above in mind, how'bout "Eggs"?

Old 07-13-2011, 01:45 PM

being a black cat, how 'bout lucky? (ya I know kinda lame...)

on another note... why are you wearing a Pontiac vibe shirt on a Mazda forum... hmmmmmmmm?

Old 07-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

OMG. This was weeks ago. We, I really, finally named him "squeak," because that's what he does whether under foot and getting stepped on, or just being nice and asking for food, play time, whatever.
When he's not being so good, I nicknamed him tiny terror.

I am a member of GenVibe.com as well. My wife drives the Vibe, but I have to maintain and work on it. It's a nice forum w/lots of regulars and information... one of the nicest I've run across. Plus I like the t-shirt. It's very high quality, which I appreciate in this age of "cheap," and the logo is cool too.

Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mazda_007 View Post
Cute cat! I'd go for Lamont - more original than the others you've come up with :P

Taken from an old American TV show you may not be familiar with: Sanford and Son?
It was a situation comedy in which the father was always calling the 20 something son, Lamont, a Big Dummy when the son did something the father didn't approve of, right or wrong.
I was calling the cat "ya' big dummy" when he did something stupid (as all kittens do), so it was a natural extension.

Last edited by virgin1; 07-14-2011 at 07:10 AM.