Mazda 323,Mazda 626 & Mazda 929 Whether the compact 323, the mid sized 626, or the full sized 929, these vehicles remain very popular even though production has stopped.

New addition to our Mazda family: 2000 626

Old 01-17-2010, 09:08 AM
Default New addition to our Mazda family: 2000 626

Hey everyone. I've been the owner of a 2008 Mazda3 for about a year and a half now. Yesterday me and my girlfriend went to my dealer to go get her first car and added a new Mazda to the driveway... a 2000 Mazda 626.

Figured I'd come here and ask and see if you guys have any input on what kind of things we need to look out for in the future of the car. Luckily we have a warranty on it for almost the entire term of the loan so I'm not too worried about expenses if something goes wrong. I have read in some cases of owners having trouble with grenading automatics.

It's a V6 with an automatic, 91,000 miles.

Thanks!

Old 01-17-2010, 07:32 PM

You got a warranty on a car that is 10 years old with 91,000 miles. Wow! good for you.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by vlstellato
You got a warranty on a car that is 10 years old with 91,000 miles. Wow! good for you.
2 year, 24k mile 27 month loan. So if something took a crap right after 2 years... it's almost paid... screw it... get rid of it and get a new car

Old 01-27-2010, 06:33 PM

Might I add I hate extended warranties. Getting the fvckers to pay anything is impossible.

We've had the car for only a week and a half and already something trans related went bad. Car threw a code and went and had the code pulled. Malfunctioning transmission range sensor. And of course, the warranty company refuses to cover it.

Well... at least it's there if the entire trans or engine takes a dump. Luckily, though, the dealer said they'd help us. Since we literally just bought the car they're only going to charge us the amount of the deductible we would've ended up paying with the warranty and they're gonna cover the rest of the cost. Thought that was kinda cool.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by knucklehead11
Might I add I hate extended warranties. Getting the fvckers to pay anything is impossible.

We've had the car for only a week and a half and already something trans related went bad. Car threw a code and went and had the code pulled. Malfunctioning transmission range sensor. And of course, the warranty company refuses to cover it.

Well... at least it's there if the entire trans or engine takes a dump. Luckily, though, the dealer said they'd help us. Since we literally just bought the car they're only going to charge us the amount of the deductible we would've ended up paying with the warranty and they're gonna cover the rest of the cost. Thought that was kinda cool.
They are just as bad as insurance companies. They are real quick to take your money but when it comes time to pay theres always an issue.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by vlstellato
They are just as bad as insurance companies. They are real quick to take your money but when it comes time to pay theres always an issue.
Yup. I'm not pissed we got it. For a high mileage vehicle... I won't take chances at the possibility of something like the transmission taking a shiit on us. Course at 90,000 miles the transmission shouldn't take a shiit within the next several years, much less the two years of the loan.

But still.

On a new car, though... nah... no extended for me.