Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Need help with my build list

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Well said, I couldn't agree more.
Who said i dont know how drive a stick thats silly and the only reason i didnt buy a stick was they didnt have one and the price for that car was way to good to pass up.As for putting that much cash into my car its not a money thing or a resale thing its more like a safty concern thats why i asked for help .The one thing i do know is know what you know and know what you dont know and never be ashamed to ask for the knowledge you seek.As i said this is my first venture into imports as for selling the mazda 3 gt and buying a speed why would i do that why not put the cash into the one i have now and get what i want and not somthing that every other speed owner has id buy a evo if i wanted somthing factory i want to do things myself so i can say i did this (or payed a speed shop to do it)lol.so if you could check on that turbo kit that would be great it was a t25 .with the investment of arond 10k i would have spent a total of 20k i got that car with 29k miles and its a 08 so i think i still come out ahead..But all the reasons you gave for not doing it were very logical and spot on and i pray i font wreck into someone and they bleed me dry thank you for your advice and your time Shipo.what do you drive?

Old 11-05-2010, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by PaxRomana
Who said i dont know how drive a stick thats silly and the only reason i didnt buy a stick was they didnt have one and the price for that car was way to good to pass up.As for putting that much cash into my car its not a money thing or a resale thing its more like a safty concern thats why i asked for help .The one thing i do know is know what you know and know what you dont know and never be ashamed to ask for the knowledge you seek.As i said this is my first venture into imports as for selling the mazda 3 gt and buying a speed why would i do that why not put the cash into the one i have now and get what i want and not somthing that every other speed owner has id buy a evo if i wanted somthing factory i want to do things myself so i can say i did this (or payed a speed shop to do it)lol.so if you could check on that turbo kit that would be great it was a t25 .with the investment of arond 10k i would have spent a total of 20k i got that car with 29k miles and its a 08 so i think i still come out ahead..But all the reasons you gave for not doing it were very logical and spot on and i pray i font wreck into someone and they bleed me dry thank you for your advice and your time Shipo.what do you drive?
I drive a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring 2.0 5-Speed that is bone stock (and going to stay that way) except for the tires (the crap factory tires got chucked after 714 miles).

Do I want a faster car? Yup. Am I going to lean on my Mazda? Not a chance. Fortunately my wife likes the car and I'm currently looking at a 2002 BMW 540i 6-Speed with only 40,000 original miles on it (the car is so clean it looks like it's fresh from the factory). The best part is that the 5er is only $16,000.

Old 11-07-2010, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by shipo
I drive a 2009 Mazda3 i Touring 2.0 5-Speed that is bone stock (and going to stay that way) except for the tires (the crap factory tires got chucked after 714 miles).

Do I want a faster car? Yup. Am I going to lean on my Mazda? Not a chance. Fortunately my wife likes the car and I'm currently looking at a 2002 BMW 540i 6-Speed with only 40,000 original miles on it (the car is so clean it looks like it's fresh from the factory). The best part is that the 5er is only $16,000.
I have a a 05 g35 loaded that my wife drives but to anything to that seems silly as my wife wants a bmw 1 drop top i should just take that car and go from there huh!! but that is also stock expt for the tires!! i would have to say i would not be afarid to race a mazda speed but it would be a good race huh!!! you are making think twice about dropping alot of cash into that 3gt although i do love that car its fun to drive but the g35 is built for a bit more preformance..excuse the spellimg as i am on my i phone!!!