Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Mazda "Police"

Old 01-06-2013, 06:05 AM
Post Mazda "Police"

I have been reading ALOT of gruff lately about how there seems to be no moderators to be found on this site and I am here to at least address my end of it. As some of you know I had been on vacation in the USA for about 5 weeks from Thanksgiving till just after Christmas, well I am back home in Austria (the place WITHOUT kangaroos) now, what I did NOT expect were my roommates to fail to pay for my internet in my absence (they managed to do the rent for me though) and the termination of it a few days ago without me knowing why......at least until I called and got it all straightened out but this still left me without internet for several days and have only TODAY got my internet back. I also know there are other moderators on this forum besides me but I have no clue as to their whereabouts since I have not read any updates from them, I do know they pop on from time to time since I see them online or have seen things moderated by them but that is all I know. Please for the time being accept the fact that moderation of this forum will be slow-ish since I am apparently the only active member of the mod-staff that is on everyday (interruptions have to be expected though i.e. short vacation), I can only do so much when I am at the PC and not all of it is spent moderating (gotta get my gaming time in somewhere ) and can only do it when I am awake which is going to be during most of your guys's night time. So if things get posted during your waking hours and are not taken down during that time please dont fret, I am probably sleeping still and will get to it when I wake up in the morning or mid-afternoon after my short time I have to work. If ANYONE has ANY complaint about this or any other issue with this site PLEASE PM me, if I dont know whats wrong how do I know how to fix it???? If it is beyond my control I will do my best to pass it up the chain.

In the meantime guys & gals please keep the forum as civil as you can, if you see a post(s) of yours gone missing its probably been moved along with the whole spammy thread to the big black hole where it never comes out of again so dont worry about a site error or such. Thank you for your time reading through this, I hope that we can get the forum back to normal now and wont have these issues again, if we do then it might be because I pushed the wrong little red button........dont ever ever push the little red button.......unless it says "Report Post" thats a bigger red button

MazdaTirol

Last edited by MazdaTirol; 01-08-2013 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:32 AM
Banned

There is more than 1 moderator on this site. You should not be the only one responsible for responding. I would like to see more consistency as well.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Servus MazdaTirol!

Who needs kangoroos if you have marders!

I just wanted to say "hi" and thank you for the work you are doing as a moderator. These forums would be a real mess if it weren't for the moderators. This thanks goes to virgin1 and others as well.

Happy new year to all!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:43 PM

I certainly appreciate the time spent by people moderating forums, as I am a member here, chevy forum, and Oldsmobile forum. I would make a suggestion for membership is to have one of those type the letters seen thing, that would end the auto spammers. The same spammer that hit the Mazda board on the couch crap was the same one that hit the chevy forum.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my absence(s) of late.
I know I haven't been as active as I once was and Mazda Tirol has taken a very strong lead in those absences. I thank him for that.

To be honest, I have had some serious problems with my paying job of late which has taken much of my time and energy. Add in some family problems (mostly my 'aging' family/medical issues, etc) and the combination of the two have served to take some of the wind out of my sails. My enthusiasm for moderating has been necessarily redirected a bit.

I have been moderating this forum, often times alone, for over 5 yrs now, and frankly, I'm a little tired. I know I have been taking a more passive role than the active one I used to have more time for.

Though there are still many Moderators listed on the forum's staff boards, most have moved on, changed directions in life, gotten married, not into Mazda's any longer, or just unceremoniously given up. Cars.com and Internet Brands, the owners/operators of this site, do not remove them from the list even if they've been MIA for years. I don't know why? In the past I had tried to contact some of them directly only to be ignored.

For now, Mazda Tirol, Mazmart Trini, icspots and I seem to be the only three or four that are at all active.

FWIW, I do see your posts and your PM's but if it doesn't seem to need an immediate response, I haven't been responding. I am sorry about that, especially if that offends anyone.

Sincerely,
Richard, a.k.a. virgin1

Last edited by virgin1; 01-07-2013 at 03:05 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Oh, and Brian.... you forgot to put your OP in red. I think I can safely say you were/are speaking as a Moderator in this thread.

Yeah, I know. I'm a moron.

Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1 View Post

Oh, and Brian.... you forgot to put your OP in red. I think I can safely say you were/are speaking as a Moderator in this thread.

Yeah, I know. I'm a moron.

LOL, I couldnt do that at the time, the phone is not so flexible with some scripts :P But have now

Old 01-08-2013, 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kevinkpk View Post
I certainly appreciate the time spent by people moderating forums, as I am a member here, chevy forum, and Oldsmobile forum. I would make a suggestion for membership is to have one of those type the letters seen thing, that would end the auto spammers. The same spammer that hit the Mazda board on the couch crap was the same one that hit the chevy forum.
We do use a CAPTCHA on the registration page but the problem with using them is this right here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/26/te...tcha.html?_r=0

I have a list of IP addresses that I instantly ban when I see a user using them, most are Bangladeshi, Indian, Philippine and Russian, there are the occasional US/UK/AUS ones but not often and usually those are just proxy servers anyways. We could try and setup a BOT trap in the registration page that redirects the bots to a bad page but that might also catch the legit BOTS and thats not nice to them.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 AM

UPDATE!

The previous 2 weeks have been nothing but hell for me, been on some strong pain meds since my lower rib on the left side decided it was a good time to almost completely separate from the cartilage attaching it to my sternum, I have what's now effectively a floating rib where there should be none and the doctors are not sure what to do now, they say removal might be best but also that it may reattach and heal.........either way its not fun and hurts alot. Anyways since I was on those pain killers I thought it best to not post (sorry Noggin) since I couldnt be 100% sure what I would have been writing would have been correct or even on topic, kinda like dont operate machinery when using this medication LOL. I did sticky the posts though when you asked, THAT I could do since it didnt take alot of brain cells to do

Anyways just thought it would be fair to everyone on here to know whats going on, trying hard to keep this side of the site a bit more open to you guys, we dont ignore you, we just have life issues as well

Old 01-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Banned

I am a bit of a perfectionist at times, and after thinking about it for a couple days, I came to the conclusion that I would only be pleased with the way that I did it. I try to put myself in the new member's shoes when doing something like that. Those new member threads on pic, signature, albums wre done with great care and updates as i went through the process after as well. Like i said, i am a bit of a perfectionist in those things and wanted to make sure it's done right.
Those Sticky's will help every new member on here and provide for better threads from newbies as well as members and better interaction when everyone knows what they can do. I am glad i bought a digital camera a few years ago.
The only thing i didn't touch on was the Garage. I think this is useless as it only allows 1 pic. Sure you get a link on every post to your garage, but when you get there it's a disappointment. I think that link should go to your albums not your garage. Every picture in the album has a description anyway. I may be wrong here, but not sure on purpose of garage.
Sorry to hear about your rib. Must be painful. Did someone sucker punch you! I thought you were in hidden mode or something.

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 02-04-2013 at 06:24 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mazda "Police"

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.