Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Ford's Non-Denial Denial

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tracker
1) What Shipo said

2) No comment, this is a common practice with other car companies

3) No offense to you but there are alot of people who buy things that they shouldnt buy and just say "that looks differnent than all the others, lets get it", at the time they think its a good idea and get caught up in the "new car" thing but never stop to really look at it and see what is really being sold, also a salesman is never going to tell you something bad about ta car. Plenty examples include ANY kia older than 09, geo, etc, given those are way older technology the same applies to any newer vehicle. Here's another example, ever notice how bmw sales are going through the crapper its because they got a new guy to redesign the cars (much like mazda), yes they are being sold but they look horrible and instead of staying with there powerful all motor approach they have decided to turbo there vehicles and making them heavier and slower.

4) Tell me what car you see is performance in the current mazdas, the mx-5 was changed to accommodate for more trunk space, ffs the mazda 6 built by tripoint waxes the miata hands down. the whole "on any given race day there is more mazdas on track" what they are referring too i dont know because all the races ive seen there are about 2-3 mazdas and 2-4 other company cars racing for that fact there is ONE company that uses the '10 spd 3 and guess what the stock ecu is horrible, its not letting them do anything, made some changes and are STILL running in the back with the srt-4 and gti's, mazda has lost most if not all credibility on making sensible cars that can be track friendly.

Its always been Japs wanna buy american and americans want to buy euro and jap spec cars, its because its hard or impossible to get them. Take a look at what the japs can get, the same cars we buy the versions they get are way better. If the 3 wasent to popular it would be axed in the 2011 lineup the sales they are pulling are just enough to keep it afloat.
1) & 2) Yea nothing much to discuss about them like what you said.

3)It is pure opinion. It is ok to have your own opinion. I respect yours, and you respect mine. But you cross the line by saying something like buying stuff you shouldn't buy because you simply think your opinion is better (and only think people buying the new gen 3 for being different), I take it as being offensive. It is not the case for me at all. I love my new 3. Is it so hard for you to accept the fact that people buy it because they like them? Do not know if you meant it that way, but I will let it go. Please don't push it further.

As for what shippo says about comparison between the new one to the old gen 3 sales. I don't think you can compare just yet for two reasons. One, the really bad economy crash around the world these 2-3 recent years caused pretty much all car company slipped in sales and pretty much all current newer models of any car have not sell as much as their previous gen model. Two, the previous gen had more than 5 years (almost 6 years to sell in terms of volume). Current new gen only been out about a year to sell. I don't see how that can be compared fairly in terms of sale volume. Wait till 5 years down the road, then we can compare. We don't know for sure yet.

4)I actually agree with you. I must of worded wrong on my statement. What I meant is wasn't quite exactly looking for pure performance. I just wanted a car that is somewhat more fun (a little bit of semi-performance) to drive than the daily boring commuter car (lets say corolla). It will also needed to look good in value, fuel economy at least decent reliability history (need some justification to my wife why I picked 3 instead of say civic or corolla). If I truly wanna buy a performance car, I would of look into buying something like Audi A5 or G37. You get the idea. BTW, I also do owned a 07 Acura TL. Not exactly a true performance car either, but still a nice car with pretty decent performance.

Old 11-11-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by petroxg
As for what shippo says about comparison between the new one to the old gen 3 sales. I don't think you can compare just yet for two reasons. One, the really bad economy crash around the world these 2-3 recent years caused pretty much all car company slipped in sales and pretty much all current newer models of any car have not sell as much as their previous gen model. Two, the previous gen had more than 5 years (almost 6 years to sell in terms of volume). Current new gen only been out about a year to sell. I don't see how that can be compared fairly in terms of sale volume. Wait till 5 years down the road, then we can compare. We don't know for sure yet.
That's not entirely true. The Gen 2 version of the Mazda3 has been on the market for over a year and a half and is now in its second model year. Even with the length of time the 2010 model was on the market (something like sixteen months), it didn't come anywhere near equaling the last full production year of the Gen 1 model (that year being 2008). In fact, the 2009 model, which was only on the market for something like six months (during the worst of the economic down turn no less), sold nearly as many models as the 2010. Doesn't sound like much of a success to me.

So, while the Gen 2 Mazda3 may well be a pretty good bargain compared to its competition, it is still, A) very ugly, and B) a "new" model that is about to be put to shame by the many "new" models from Mazda's competitors. I'll say it again; Mazda didn't raise the bar enough (some would say they "lowered" the bar) for this "new" model to assure its continued success. Long story short, I think Mazda's sales figure goals for the Gen 2 Mazda3 are wildly optimistic.

Old 11-25-2010, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by petroxg

3)It is pure opinion. It is ok to have your own opinion. I respect yours, and you respect mine. But you cross the line by saying something like buying stuff you shouldn't buy because you simply think your opinion is better (and only think people buying the new gen 3 for being different), I take it as being offensive. It is not the case for me at all. I love my new 3. Is it so hard for you to accept the fact that people buy it because they like them? Do not know if you meant it that way, but I will let it go. Please don't push it further.
Just wanted to clarify on #3, i could sit here and explain why i said what i said but it comes down to: me making statements based on what i know about the car from a technicians point of view while others would make statements based on what a consumer likes. I apologize for coming off as rude and i certainly do not think my opinion is better than others