Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. ALMOST anything goes.

Decal Question

Old 03-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Default Decal Question

i got the decals from XenonMods.com to put on my calipers I don't know how to install them or what to do to make sure they don't fall off. Help please!

a friend of mine suggesting putting them on and then using high temp clear coat over it will that work?

Old 03-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Default RE: Decal Question

A buddy of mine installed some on his Pontiac Solstice and he just used clear coat after installing them and has had his on his car for a year or longer.

Old 03-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

They are already designed for hi-tempapplications. I just made sure the caliper surface was clean andcarefully stuck them on and they've been there for 2 yrs now. No problems... except the caliper paint is chipped, but the decals are fine.
You can soak them in water to loosen them, and I tried that, but found it easier in the long run to just install them dry.

Old 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM

ahh o.k i went ahead and bought high temp clear coat anyway.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 PM

I'm using my decals as a mask. I'm painting the caliper red, applying the sticker, then painting the whole thing titanium gray to match the car. Flash dry it with a heat gun and when you remove the stickers and the i'll have red mazda logos. I wont have to worry about them peeling because I will have effectively painted the logos on. A few coats of engine enamel or cerami-cote clear over that and you're golden. It's a little more labor intensive but also more trick than just applying vinyl.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:46 AM

yeah i've allready painted my calipers and just don't want to go back over it. so i'm gonna apply the stickers than spray this high temp clearcoat i have over it and see how long that lasts. when you do yours take pics!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:52 PM

I'll definitely update. Should have the wing, fogs, HID's and decals by next weekend. BTW I think I have a crush on your car. The color is probably the single best avaliable for it and I'm sure the borla exhaust is a beautiful thing as well. Definitely one of the more tastefully appointed RX8's I've seen.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:17 PM

i so read that i was like aww someone crushes on me then i re-read it and was like oh myc ar haha.

I love my car apparently everyone else does too last night was fun!

had so much fun this weekend I have to share. My small group last night of 5 met up with another group and hung out we ended up cruising a little bit, most of got seperated and we met back up at the spot. Shortly after more of my friends showed up so about 10 of us went off cruising. A did a small race and beat a honda who actually was in a group with one of my friends' brothers. So they told us where a bunch of people were hanging out. We met up there and 2 RX-7's came over to my car (i was the only rx8) they looked at my hood asked me to rev etc. It was soo cool that rx7 owners were interested in my car. So one of them wanted to go for a drive and I took him down and back. He then took me in his 13.2 rx7 and i about **** myself haha! I ended up jumping out of the car yelling land!

I also got in a couple of races I beat a v6 Tiburon with an intake and an acura who missed 2nd gear. I forget what type but his car and my car according to posts and everything are so supposed to be dead even. So I need a re-match with him. All in all It was a blast! It was nice to meet some rx7 owners who didn't appear stuck up. And I finally learned how to take off!

my best friend decided to give the signal to go when i raced the acura and said holy crap that was crazy! I just rev and drop the clutch and my tires squeak through first it was fun! I've been dying to learn how to do it and now I think i mastered it! can't wait to go to the track now. I think the acura was an rsx.

Just wanted to share my fun