Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

Check Engine Code P1526, Center Console Question & Locks question

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 05:15 PM
Default Check Engine Code P1526, Center Console Question & Locks question

Hello everyone

I just purchased a beautiful 2000 Millenia S - Millenium Edition yesterday. It's got some miles on it and a new timing belt/water pump. I am hoping it will last me for at least one year.

Here are my questions... (my husband says I'm long winded - so i'll try not to be)

1. The check engine light is on and issuing a P1526 code. I've found outthat it's the ABV solenoid valve. I am wondering if I should let my hubby fix it (he's good with tools) or if I should take it to the dealer and gambleon whether to play dumbgirl or superb#$%& so that I don't get nickled and dimed for a ton of repairs that might not be necessary. The guy I bought it from took good care of the car.

2. The cute wood trim panel in the middle has a warp line on it from the dumb scented oil car freshener being turned upside down and leaking on it last night. I am heartbroken[:'(]. Is there a place to buy the upper and lower console separately without having to buy an entire kit? The dealership is quoting me close to $300 for a one-piece console replacement because they have to "special order" it. My console is clearly in 2 pieces: upper (around the radio) &lower (between the radio and shifter). Any suggestions?

3. My locks are audible for anyone in a 10 foot distance to hear. is that normal or should I get it fixed? If fixed is the answer... where have you found great deals on stuff like that?

thank you!
LS

Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Default RE: Check Engine Code P1526, Center Console Question & Locks question

1. that code is for abv solenoid valve, vacuum open or short. what you should do is find this valve, then check to see if there is vacuum to it. vacuum leaks on this car are very common. abv solenoid is common, too, but most of the time, it is the vacuum line(s) have a leak. easy fix.

2. the wood trim is not wood, but plastic. if you are not in a hurry, check ebay. they go for about 20 bucks. another easy fix.

Old 07-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Default Wood trim?

So how does one go about removing the wood trim around the cd deck without breaking it?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Default RE: Wood trim?

start with the storage box in the console. remove the inner black plastic lining, this just pops out, but it needs a lot of convincing. you can pry at it pretty good and it wont break. it is easier to work with the lid removed, but removing the lid is also a bitch. once the liner is out, you will see 2 screws(might be more, i cant remember). take out the screws, and remove the handbrake cover. you will see 2 more screws. take them out, then start GENTLY prying. i usually start up at the top corners of the assembly, pop them out, then work your way down towards the shift lever area. the assembly will come out, then you need to disconnect the connectors to the seat heater switches/cigarrette lighter.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:19 PM

Are you sure I need to do all this just to get to the center dash panel? I don't mean the panel that is over the shift stick. I mean the highest portion right above and around the radio.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:12 AM

i have removed that panel about 5 times. if you can find a better way, have at it. i will refrain from answering any more of your posts.