Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Why no whistle from the turbo????

Old 02-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Default RE: Why no whistle from the turbo????

i know i am new here but you all need to read.

Magnuson Act, as long as the aftermarket part is a 50 state leagal part they cannot void a warranty.

[edit] Requirements of the Magnuson-Moss Act
The Act provides that any warrantor warranting a consumer product to a consumer by means of a written warranty must disclose, fully and conspicuously, in simple and readily understood language, the terms and conditions of the warranty to the extent required by rules of the Federal Trade Commission. The FTC has enacted regulations governing the disclosure of written consumer product warranty terms and conditions on consumer products actually costing the consumer more than $15. The Rules can be found at 16 C.F.R. Part 700.
Under the terms of the Act, ambiguous statements in a warranty are construed against the drafter of the warranty.
Likewise, service contracts must fully, clearly, and conspicuously disclose their terms and conditions in simple and readily understood language.
Full Warranty Requirements Under a full warranty, in the case of a defect, malfunction, or failure to conform with the written warranty, the warrantor:
[ul][*]must, as a minimum, remedy the consumer product within a reasonable time and without charge;[*]may not impose any limitation on the duration of any implied warranty on the product;[*]may not exclude or limit consequential damages for a breach of any written or implied warranty on the product, unless the exclusion or limitation conspicuously appears on the face of the warranty; and[*]if the product, or a component part, contains a defect or malfunction, must permit the consumer to elect either a refund or replacement without charge, after a reasonable number of repair attempts. [/ul]
In addition, the warrantor may not impose any duty, other than notification, upon any consumer, as a condition of securing the repair of any consumer product that malfunctions, is defective, or does not conform to the written warranty. However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair.

Old 04-19-2008, 10:12 PM

Ive had 3 Cars that ive purchased with a warranty , i had a chevy cobalt ss, i had the gm stage 2 kit installed by gm, but i put on an intake by myself, i started having problems, i took off the intake ( took me 2 minutes) and brought it to the dealer, no proof of any alteration..

my friend has a mazda speed protege, he has an intake, it does spool up, but u have to really get on it to make it spool..

Old 07-17-2008, 06:00 AM

if you want to hear your turbo whisle,run open down pipe.