Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going, and going FAST!

Why no whistle from the turbo????

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 06:37 PM
Default Why no whistle from the turbo????

I noticed that I can't hear the whistle of the turbo spooling??? WHY THE HELL NOT!!!
I mean who doesn't love that sound! Anyhow if I replace my factory intake I know I'll hear it a little better but I don't know if an intake will void my warranty or not. Any advise.

Old 09-20-2006, 11:47 PM
Default RE: Why no whistle from the turbo????

any mod to your car will void the warranty in that particular section the mod affects such as intake or engine components connected to the air intake, so just be careful

Old 09-26-2006, 12:50 PM

that is not entirely true. You can add a air intake kit and it will not void the warranty as long as the kit was installed correctly. If you drive into a puddle and the engine dies, your held accountable. But if the engine is idling rough and it cannot be traced to the air intake, your be ok!

Old 11-20-2006, 11:41 PM

here in Burlington, ON, any mod like CAI will void the warranty (im leasing so it mite be different)....UNLESS its a mazda made part and mazda installs it. im pretty sure anyways....

Old 12-05-2006, 07:21 PM

adding a cai should let u hear your turbo spool, if your really conserened with your warrenty then you just purchase a MS CAI its gonna run ~300 but it comes with warrenty

Old 03-01-2007, 07:29 PM

The CAI will help you hear. I had a K&N on my Saab 9-5. Now THAT'S "born from jets. Unfortunately, my Saab had a maintenance ticket like a jet fighter!

Old 04-27-2007, 03:47 AM

yep, saabs are expensive as hell to work on. i know that there is a filter that is warranty friendly and as long as you use that instead of the airbox and adapt the filter to the stock tubing, it is alright. i don't think that you can put a full CAI on it though. i have the filter in one of my magazines and i will look for it

Old 12-27-2007, 09:44 PM

actually you wont hear the turbo that much from your Mazda.... if you want to hear the BOV then you will have to plug the recirculating hose and let the BOV blow into the air and not back into the intake!

Old 12-27-2007, 09:48 PM

actually anywhere in Canada a CAI EVEN if it is a MAZDASPEED part and installed by a Mazda dealer WILL VOID the warrenty! I work for a Mazda dealership here in Toronto and I have to tell ppl this all the time. It actually says that installing a Mazdaspeed part WILL void the warrenty in the 2006 brouchure!

Old 01-07-2008, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: lambomx3

actually anywhere in Canada a CAI EVEN if it is a MAZDASPEED part and installed by a Mazda dealer WILL VOID the warrenty! I work for a Mazda dealership here in Toronto and I have to tell ppl this all the time. It actually says that installing a Mazdaspeed part WILL void the warrenty in the 2006 brouchure!
Well that's no good [:'(].

Quick Reply: Why no whistle from the turbo????