New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Security dash & rear lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2019, 01:36 AM
Default Security dash & rear lights

Hi I have a 2008 Mazda Atenza the other night I started it up and my head lights which I always have on auto did not come on (so I thought my husband may have turned the auto off) I then turned the headlights on and when I reversed out of car park my dashboard lights went out and the security light (pic of car with padlock) came on and started flashing also the headlights were on full beam so I went to dip them but their was no low beam so I had to drive home with lights on full and no indicators and no rear lights at all, the security light flashing and a pic of a red key also on. I changed the battery of my fob but nothing has changed. I have contacted mazda dealership and explained what happened and he had no explanation and has told me to bring the car in so he can do a diagnostic test. I am scared to drive this car now as when I start it up and go to either reverse or drive forward the car kinda lurches before it moves. I am scared that something else is going to go wrong. My mazda manuals are no good as they are in japanese.
Can anyone help me.

Old 11-19-2019, 06:43 AM
Super Moderator

WIthout diagnosis you are nowhere. If in doubt, get it towed to the dealership.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
WIthout diagnosis you are nowhere. If in doubt, get it towed to the dealership.
Yes thank you I have done that and it turned out to be a blown fuse the dealership replaced the fuse and all had returned to normal until we drove over a bump (and the same lights went out again) the fuse blew out again, whilst still on the premises the guy said it was now a loose wire somewhere so have been booked in to find it.

Last edited by Kathy Sciascia; 11-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.