New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New member in SC

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Default New member in SC

Just joined the forum, and am getting ready to jointhe Mazda family. Should be picking up my new Mazda3 this week.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:00 PM
Default RE: New member in SC

What a great forum!! 15 people have viewed my New Member message, and not one person could take the few seconds to respond. Guess I'll be finding another place.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Ah... Welcome!! This wouldn't be "Sling-" Blade would it?

So... wat kind'er Mazder 'er ya' buyin'? You really didn't give us much to go on...
And frankly I have been very sick since last week so I wasn't up to my usual post count either... and yes, I was one of the 15. 'Sorry. I was in, or near my bed since my workday ended on Friday.

It was kinda' slow this w/e especially. Perhaps others had things to do other than post-***** on here (Jaimie?) The weather was quite gorgeous here, but as I'd said, I didn't get to enjoy it much.
I'm sure if you look around a bit on here, you will find lots of good information and that we may not have been at our very best over this past w/e.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 AM

Hi there

Welcome to the forums.

Hope you enjoy here

Old 02-05-2008, 02:03 PM

yeah i haven't been on i'm not one of the 15 but welcome!

Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 AM

Hi! Sorry to hear no one has responded to you. I'm new andI'm having the same issue. I posted in the "New Member " area before Ifigured out the website and saw there was a "Miata" area. Then I posted the same question there.My post was a few days ago and still... Nothin'! Lots of lookers but no help.Maybe no onehas diagnostic skills out there. I'd love to hear some suggestions and bounce some ideas back and forth about the problem with my Miata! Oh well, I'll probably go elsewhere too.

Old 02-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Mr. Blade up there was bitchin' after less than 24hrs.(see the time stamp on his only 2 posts.)

I may have seen your original post, but not known how to answer it? I don't know Miatas, especially '92 Miatas as well as I know the 3 series.
I have reread your original post and it could be a number of things. From your description and 170K miles on the car some parts are gonna have to be replaced I'm sure. Throttle position sensor comes to mind. The O2 sensor also?The MAF sensor?Is the catalytic converter clogged? Is the throttle body shaft worn and leaking? What about vacuum hoses? It could be a clogged EGR valve too?
Cleaning the injectors with that in-the-tank stuff may not be enough, imo. Most say it doesn't work that well w/good fairly clean injectors to begin with.
With that kind of mileage and virtually no history on the car, I'd be lookin at replacing them completely. They are most likely shot.
Your car has an OBDI system which is probably insensitive to an 02 sensor problem too.

Y'know, add to that you came in here with a new/used car and a problem. Did you take the time to get to know any of us before dumping your problems on us? In the New Member Area post, you simply blurted out your problems with this car that you can't understand.
We are a very helpful and VERY friendly forum. I am on 5-6 Mazda forums (7-8 if you count the Rodding forums I'm signed up on)and this is by far my favorite place to chat and gain some insight, but we can't solve all you problems for you. It simply doesn't work that way. You came in, blurted out your problem w/o so much as a, "Hi, how are you guys doin' here? How does this forum work?" Y'know??

Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM

I may read posts but i'm an rx8 owner and i hardly know anything about my own car to answer anything for anyone else. so sorry.

I agree with Virgin1 i mostly post int he rx8 and offtopic section. I see numerous new posts in every area of the forum. I've been on a few mazda sites, this isn't as ACTIVE like the others but it's not DEAD either. You just have to have time and patience.

I would suggest for any new person who joins, to simply write an intro here say hello then post your problem with your car make and just patiently wait for an answer, if you can't wait, do a search for another mazda site either for your specific make or one more popular who has people on 24/7 who will answer you faster.

but log on the way you did here on to an even bigger site and see how much respect you get...then come back and tell me.