New Member - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Old 03-16-2018, 06:04 AM

Default New Member

Hi all , i'm in South East Queensland Australia , acquired a Metallic Blue 2003 Escape V6 AWD ZA 190k on the clock and been lurking here from December last year . Paul ..
Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 AM

Welcome to the forum. I suspect the Escape is roughly the same vehicle as the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute sold in the US. It was a joint venture between Mazda and Ford. I don't have any idea how much of it was Mazda versus Ford. I do recall that it was a good vehicle when new.

How has it been running for you through the summer since December?
Old 03-16-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdaCPA View Post
Welcome to the forum. I suspect the Escape is roughly the same vehicle as the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute sold in the US. It was a joint venture between Mazda and Ford. I don't have any idea how much of it was Mazda versus Ford. I do recall that it was a good vehicle when new.

How has it been running for you through the summer since December?
Hi and thanks , alot of interesting info here on the Forum .

I assumed it was common knowledge about the Ford and Mazda , my fault i should have put in "Ford" in the 1st post , i have gleaned off the interweb that most say the only major difference between the 2 is the Tribute has a firmer suspension setup .

The Escape has been good so far , i changed ALL oils and filters , next is plugs and valve-cover gaskets as there is oil in 2 front plug holes so there'll be oil in the backs too , i'll change the PCV while i'm there and the intake gaskets , Ford recommends a PCV change at 180K i think it was .

Had the air-con re-gassed , new tires all round and alignment , a slightly louder main muffler (it was so too quite) , a power steering pump seal kit i fitted and a new coolant overflow bottle and a fuel pump module i fitted too and that's it so far (all normal wear and tear for its age) , it's been good .

From what i can see the only difference from the USA and AU vehicle is the steering wheel and controls are on the Right side here , not the Wrong side Ha Ha .

Cheers and thanks for letting me in btw , Paul .

Last edited by ipn; 03-16-2018 at 11:50 PM.