New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Default new member

Hi! I'm a new member and also a new Mazda driver. I just bought a used 2001 MPV ES just over a month ago. I love the car, but I've had some problems with it. One is an evap leak but the dealer is footing the bill for. The other is an oil leak that is more than likely with the oil pan gasket. That isn't covered under the dealer warranty, but it's not too bad.

Other than that (:P) I really do love my van. It's bright red with tan leather interior. My daughter loves the RSES and the sunroof. I love the roomy-ness and how the 2nd row seat can slide to make a bench seat. There are just so many features about this vehicle that make things a lot easier. We turned the 3rd row around to tailgate and watch the fireworks this past weekend. I only wish I had discovered this van years ago and that they were still in production.

I know I'll have some questions and I'm off to search for them right now.

Tanya

Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: new member

Hi Tanya, and Welcome to our lil' forum here.

About your oil pan, perhaps just a little and gentle tighening of the bolts isall itneeds? Oil pan bolts usually don't require a lot of torque (tightening) but they can work loose as the vehicle gets a little older, or as the gasket ages. I'd try that first, but as I'd said, just snug them. Don't go crazy tight or you could make the problem worse.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:06 PM

tailgating is always fun...I wish gas prices weren't so high so I could afford myself a bigger car/truck.

Old 07-17-2008, 05:39 PM

Got the evap leak fixed and it's running a lot better, but I do have another problem. My remote for the locks has been screwy. First it would unlock and not lock with the remote. Now the locks lock and unlock whenever they want and the remote works half the time. It will always unlock, but sometimes the lights won't flash. Also, the alarm goes off at least once a day with no one around it.

Any knowledge on what could be wrong? I'm thinking it could be a short somewhere or maybe even the actuator (sp?) Both remotes do the same thing too, so I don't think it's that.

Thanks

Old 08-27-2008, 02:09 PM

Just wanted to catch up where I'm at with my MPV. Got the oil leak fixed and it turns out it was a lot bigger than I originally thought. They replaced 2 valve cover sets and also had to replace the oil pan gasket. They checked it and said it was tight as could be, but the gasket was trashed. There was oil everywhere and it was leaking down onto the exhaust, so that's why I was smelling the burnt oil so strong. Car alarm hasn't gone off since I unplugged the hood switch. It had started sputtering real bad, so I got new plugs and wires. Drives great now and I'm ready for our vacation drive.

Hopefully this will be last of my problems for a bit so I can start enjoying my car.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system in the car? They can cause all kinds of problems in these new, all-electronic vehicles. If it's not made for the car, it may not work well.