New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

new to Mazda from Michigan

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2022, 05:47 PM
Default new to Mazda from Michigan

Hello all. I joined a bit ago and figured it was time to introduce myself.

In June I picked up a 2022 CX-5 S Preferred in Machine Grey Metallic. I've got about 6200 on it now. I don't plan to do any major modifications but I have swapped/added a few things: I added some WeatherTech floorliner HP mats to the front. I swapped to LED lights to the overhead/map lights and rear hatch. The original yellows seemed a bit dingy and not very bright. I added hood struts as the hood must be about 150 lbs. The only issue I have experienced was two random restarts of the infotainment system. I mentioned it at the dealer and they updated to 11040 a few weeks after delivery and it has been perfect since.

Few surprises I have found with the CX-5:
  • Transmission is what some might say is a dated 6-speed but I have found it is actually a pretty nice match for the 2.5. It has been super smooth so far unlike some of the 6-speeds GM made or the 8-speed aisins Toyota has been using. I have a 10-speed in a truck and it seems like a constant gear hunt.
  • It seems to have an oil separator under the intake airbox. That is good to see - I am used to seeing those on turbo direct inject not NA direct injection engines.
  • Cute little transmission dipstick under the airbox too. Curious how many people have tried checking their level cold and messed up the fluid level.
  • there are some weird tubes over coil pack 4 that I don't see in previous year online videos. Complicates spark plug change and will need to be figured out!
  • I really like the command control for the screen. I have grown to not like touchscreens in cars much.

Minor downers:
  • no remote start on keyfob, only app (though the app works fast and fine)
  • Engine shuts off during a remote start when you open the door
  • No compass on any info screen but fuel/coolant temp/range
  • center rear seat latching seems a little janky

Old 10-18-2022, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome along to our forum.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:53 PM

Welcome to the forum

Last edited by ganthercage; 10-24-2022 at 10:18 AM.