New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Default New Here

Hello,

I just posted under Protégé about a ERG valve problem that was caught when I tried to get the emissions inspection done. I am not an auto mechanic so I need all the help I can get.

I am a retired HVAC contractor so if have a question about A/C or even heating I will be glad to try to help.

I'm married,1 grown daughter and my first grandchild on the way. I retired due to pancreatic cancer but I am doing well now and bored almost to tears. Since I can't do HVAC work any more I amabout to opena newbusiness doing audits for other businesses to get refunds for over paid expenses like phone, workers comp. etc. I have completed training and now I just need clients....before I bore myself to death.

Being a mechanic of one kind of another is really bad some times as you are used to fixing your own problems. And when you do have to go to someone else I tend to watch over their shoulders while they work. I'm one of those customers that get charged extra for helping!!!! I hate those kind!

I am really glad I found this site as I had no idea one existed for Mazda's. As I said in my other post, this is my 3rd Mazda and unless something changes there will be another one.

So now back to the puzzle of the ERG valve and what it will actually need to pass inspection.

k4lop
(Gerry)

Old 09-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Default RE: New Here

Hello I'm Richard and as far as I know the EGR Valve is used 2 help reduce exguast pressure by sending the excess air into the air intake manifold if the EGR valve is not working properly it could cause problems with an over emission in the exuast system if that's the case the EGR valve needs to be relpaced that's about all I can think of right off the top of my head hope it helps ya