New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New to Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Default New to Forum

Hello fellow Mazda owners. My name is Melanie and I live in AZ. I bought a 2007 CX-9 in March 2008. Thus far I have been very happy with the car, however I joined the forum to see if anyone had complaintsabout the lack of service or help from their Mazda dealer when needed. I will be posting my situation in the CX-9 forum today, as I searched and couldn't find any other members who have encountered the same problem.

Chao,
Melanie

Old 09-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Default RE: New to Forum

Melanie - In my 40 years of buying cars I have, with one exception, never had decent service from a dealer. Mazdas are great cars but their dealers are no better than any other and perhaps worse than some. My advice is to take your CX9 to an independent Japanese repair shop unless you have a problem that is covered under warranty. In that case you have to hit them hard right off. Sadly, if you play nice they will most often ignore you and sadder yet, because you're a woman, will feedyou a line of bull that would insult the intelligence of a five-year-old. These guys are the ultimate chauvanists.If you don't get the response you want, go to the service manager and make demands. If a solution is not forthcoming call the zone office and raise hell. Unfortunately most dealers only respond to irate customers leaving the rest to suffer in silence.

I'mafraid you must adopt a very assertive attitude with dealers keeping in mind that they will lie, cheat, and manipulate you at every opportunity. You must look at them as the snake oil salesmen they are and act accordingly. I try to deal with people in an honest friendly manner but that doesn't work with car dealers. For some reason dishonesty and BS are in their DNA. Good luck!

TKB