New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

New 323 owner from tijuana

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Default New 323 owner from tijuana

WHAT UP MF PEOPLE WELL NEVER OWN A MAZDA BEFORE BUT NOW I DO THANKS TO MY WIFE THIS CAR WAS READY TO GO TO A TIJUANA JUNKYARD FOR $100 USD SO WHEN MY WIFE HEARD ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WAS OUR NEXTDOOR NEIGHBORS CAR SHE OFFERED HIM $200 BECAUSE SHE SAW THAT THE CAR DROVE OUT THE DRIVERWAY SO SHE HAD IT CHECKED BY OUR MECHANIC AND HE SAID CAR WAS FINE IT JUST NEEDS A TUNE UP NEW FLUIDS AND WHAT NOT SO SHE GAVE IT TO ME AS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT SO HERE HE IS THE DAY SHE RESCUED HIM EXCUSE MY GRAMMAR ENGLISH IS MY 2ND LENGUAGE
Name:  323FRONT_zps272af6ea.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  73.8 KB
Name:  323BACK_zps28bb497f.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  86.5 KB
SO IT LOOKS LIKE IT OVERHEATED ON THE PREVIOUS OWNER BY ALL THAT RUSTY WATER STAIN ON THE FRONT BUMPER BUT HEADGASKET IS FINE AND IT RUNS GOOD BUT IT WILL RUN BETTER AFTER A MAJOR TUNE UP ILL START A BUILD THREAD IT WILL BE SLOW BECAUSE I HAVE FAMILY TO TAKE CARE OF FIRST BUT ILL UPDATE ANY SMALL DETAILS

Old 01-24-2013, 04:39 PM

Welcome and congrats 323fromtijuana!

You have have 2 keepers, lucky man! Both your wife and your car qualify!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:56 AM

thanks for your welcoming tanprotege its been raining hard here in Tijuana so haven't had any chance to work on the car much but I did a small upgrade the speedometer wasn't working so went to the junkyard to get the cable that hooks to the back of the cluster and thought might as well change the cluster that reads the rpms
before
Name:  323CLUSTER_zps43348f4b.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  71.1 KB
after
Name:  323RPMCLUSTER_zps75f931f3.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  81.0 KB
I also came up with this rims they're 13s but I like them thinking of leaving the lip Polish with black matte center
Name:  IMG_20130127_213817_zps4a781367.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  126.3 KB
wannabe bbs lol Guy gave me a fifth rim for free always like to have a same spare rim

Last edited by 323fromtijuana; 01-28-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:20 PM

Nice going!
Cool dash upgrade and cool wheels. Are you planning on doing some autocross?

Old 01-29-2013, 08:03 AM

More!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Talking

@tanprotege: Just want a fun daily driver not looking for extreme hp gain or a ground up build. But Im interested in a 1.8 dual cam engine once this ones takes a dump on me that will give me time to save some money, for now Im having a muflershop fab some headers and bigger piping (do you think its worth it to have bigger piping or should I only do the headers?)
like I say dont know much about upgrades so opinion is always welcome

@Dan323 I will with any changes

JUST RECEIVED A SHIPMENT WITH NO NAME LOWERING SPRINGS REAR STRUTBAR AND FRONT STRUT BAR ILL POST PICTURES SOON IM JUST WAITING FOR THE SPRING COMPRESOR TOOL TO REPLACE THE SPRINGS SHOULD BE IN ON THE 3RD I MIGHT INSTALL A STOCK FRONT LIP TODAY ASWELL FROM A PROTEGE I FOUND AT THE JUNKYARD WILL SEE HOW IT COMES OUT

Old 01-29-2013, 05:24 PM

232fromtijuana:

I am not experienced in upgrades. It's all theory with me. But here is information on upgrading on the Protege. The 323 is the precursor of the Protege.

https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/maz...pgrade+protege

By the way it is not necessary to upgrade a car to have fun at an autocross. An autocross novice like myself has no chance to find the limits of a regular car. It takes some auto crossing to get there.

Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 PM
Banned

Any exhaust piping bigger than another 1/4" diameter, is not helpful for a small engine.
Example if you have 1.5" pipe go to 1.75" ---- 2" is just stupid and will slow down your exhaust speed flow.
My car came with 2.25" and i went to 2.5" and it's perfect. I have a V6 3.0 ltr.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by UseYourNoggin
Any exhaust piping bigger than another 1/4" diameter, is not helpful for a small engine.
Example if you have 1.5" pipe go to 1.75" ---- 2" is just stupid and will slow down your exhaust speed flow.
My car came with 2.25" and i went to 2.5" and it's perfect. I have a V6 3.0 ltr.
I'm sorry for been slow so you're saying I can go up to 2"? and I'll be better than stock? or are you saying going up to 2" is stupid? thanks

Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Banned

I'm saying whatever your stock size is, increase it by 1/4" diameter across. Increasing it more than that is just: stupid, stipid, stupeed, stewpide, stupide. If you had a V8 engine then 1/2" bigger would be fine, but you hace a 4 cylinder!

A small restrictive pipe would immediately fill with exhaust, and move at a considerable velocity, but excess gas would be left behind, which in the worst case scenario would actually remain in the combustion chamber and mix with the incoming fresh air, reducing power.
A large pipe would immediately absorb all the exhaust volume, but drop velocity to the extent that scavenging doesn't occur. Exhaust would still flow out, but would not be as efficent as it could be.
If the piping size is just right, the velocity is high enough so that it creates a suction effect at the cylinder head, and literarly sucks the exhaust out of the cylinder. This makes it easier for the piston to move up, and recovers a good amount of previously wasted energy."
"modifying the catback or mufflers will provide little or no gain, because all of the restriction is further upstream. This is verified by dyno's, as no one besides the various exhaust manufacturers have shown any gain whatsoever with any of the available catbacks on the market. (on owner dynos).
If anything, some of the catbacks are actually reducing overall power, because they're slowing down what little exhaust velocity there is, by the time it gets done going through the twists and honeycombs of doom."

For more great info from a famous mazda internet guru click here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/engine-d...-velocity.html
That guy only made 11,747 posts, his name is Crossbow

Here is another great article from Magnaflow: http://www.magnaflow.com/07techtips/faq/question10.asp
Quote from Magnaflow: "To reduce additional backpressure, the OEM exhaust tubing can be replaced with mandrel-bent tubing of the same size or one size up from the OEM. As a general rule, you can enlarge the pipe diameter of your OEM exhaust system by 1/4 to 1/2 inch to increase your horsepower. However, any additional increase in pipe diameter is likely to decrease your performance; specifically, low end torque."

Last edited by UseYourNoggin; 11-01-2013 at 05:41 PM. Reason: take your pick

Quick Reply: New 323 owner from tijuana