Needing help with my Mazda 2 Sport - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Go Back  Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums > General Mazda Forums > New Member Area
Reload this Page >

Needing help with my Mazda 2 Sport

New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Needing help with my Mazda 2 Sport

Old 11-22-2018, 04:01 PM
Default Needing help with my Mazda 2 Sport

Hey, new member & relatively new to Mazda's. I've got around to getting my driving licence at the age of 37 (Better late than never). But I came across an auction a few months ago for cars discovered in storage & out popped a Mazda 2 Sport Hatchback 2004 model. I could see from the room, no one was interested in it & I won. It had only done 27 miles & in mint condition. Anyways, I was parked up for the day in a busy shopping area & when I came back. I noticed one of the covers that you take off to fit a roof rack was missing. Looked all around but couldn't see it. Couldn't of fallen off because they're not easy to take off. I did notice some scratch marks around the bit you prize it open. So I think some low life nicked it. I can only say, I am miffed.

Anyways, I have looked all over for the part & cannot find anything. Only things that show up are the flat versions. However my car has the raised bars from the roof & the cover folds over the sides, if you know what I mean. So I'm looking to know if anyone knows exactly what they're called & where to find them. I contacted Mazda & they directed me to a Mazda showroom where I was met with smugness & contempt for asking them about a 2004 Mazda 2 in a room full of 2018 Mazda's. So here I am, seeking your fine people's help. I will try & take a picture in the morning & attach in case my description wasn't good enough.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-25-2018, 11:34 AM

First, congratulations on your find. The Mazda 2 should be a great first car at any age.

As to your specific question, try a different Mazda dealership and ask in the parts department, Bring a picture of the part. They should be able to help you. You may also be able to find what you need in a salvage yard.

Old 11-25-2018, 08:46 PM

Welcome to the forum