New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

I need some help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Default I need some help!!!!!!

hey guys, names Kevin nice to meet ya. I've never really worked to much on imports and I build custom hot rods. So this is a new area for me, and I could use some help. I've got a 1988 Mazda 626 2.2L Turbo that I was givin from a relative. I know the cars history and it's never been raced. The owners were 60+ from the first owner to my uncle. Anyway I've having a hrd time finding and parts for it. More or so having a hard time finding performance parts. I'd like to gt a new exhaust system but I have no clue what would be a good setup. I'd also like to try and dress the car up, i.e body kits, hood, wing maybe. ect..... So I also heard that this care is somewhat rare. It has a set of rare rims to I guess. I had one get damged and I couldn't find a single replacement in the state. Also since it has the Turbo and it's fuel injected. And it has other options that I assume were part of a fully loaded package. I.e Sun roof, cruise control, oscolating vent fans, and one option that I'm having a hard time trying to find replacement parts for. I have a set of 3 buttons on my dash next to the driver side door. They are labeled suspension adjustment and below has Soft | Normal | Sport on the pad. I know it works because you can see the car adjust to the settings. I need to find the replacement shocks or maybe a good set that can work with this setup. If you guys could shed some light on the car for me I'd really be greatful. I just want to make the car nice and add a few things. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2007, 09:59 PM
Default RE: I need some help!!!!!!

Do not have much info on aftermarket things for the car. OE front struts are still available although not very many left. 36 right side ones and 58 left side. Will set you backa fair amount from dealer at $223.60 each. Can knock $50 off each if purchased at www.onlinemazdaparts.com.
Right side is part number GJ22-34-700E-9U. Left side is GJ22-34-900E-9U.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:49 AM

i think the ford version of that car was the contour. i think, but i'm not totally sure. i would look for parts for a 2.2 liter ford. parts are often listed as ford but not as mazda but the parts are interchangable because the fords had mazda motors in them. i think the probe had the same engine as well. so that's for the custom/performance parts. as for the OEM parts, sounds likeBABYHUEY knows all about that. if it has adjustments for the suspension, i wouldn't even begin to give you advice for an aftermarket set-up because i have no idea what would work. for rims, i always recommend aftermarket just for weight reduction.

Old 03-10-2007, 02:12 PM

Hey thanks alot for the help guys, it really means alot to me. Also I have another question for you. This year I have 88' had a special style rim. And I can't for the life of me find them anywhere. The have these center plate covers for the lugs a disc about 6 inchs round that fit in the center. And the best way to describe the rim design is it looks like a ninja star. The last time I tried to find them I was told that nobody had them and that they were a rare and hard to find part. Is there anyone that knows what I'm talking about, or has seen these rims? I'd love to get the car back to the stock rims, it runs great and still looks awesome stock.

Old 03-14-2007, 10:41 PM

like i said, i'm not much for the oem parts on these cars. all i can say is if you can find them in any condition at all, there are people who can work wonders with metal restoration and plating. i definitely see your draw to the stock look of the car because that always has had it's place, especially since the car is so rare.