New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

my car

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 03:23 PM
Default my car

Hi my mazda milenia 1998 is over heating when i sit at a red light or sit at a drive thru for too long. What could be the problem?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Based on that description, it could be almost anything in the cooling system, from not enough fluid, a faulty/weak thermostat, a clogged radiator (inside or out,) nonworking electric fans, bad water pump, etc, etc, etc.....

Old 08-21-2009, 11:07 AM

Hello,
Within the couple of months that i have had the car I have gotten a new radiator, new fan for the driver side, new coolant put in, new radiator hose, and last week i replaced my thermostat. What should i do now or what do you think the problem could be being that i have fixed all of those things?

Old 08-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

I don't claim to be an expert on the Millenia or any car, really, but if you have already done all that and it's still overheating, perhaps the water pump is crapping out?

Or I wonder if a new temperature sensor was installed when the new radiator was, the one that tells the fans when to power up? To me it would only make sense to do both at the same time, but perhaps your mechanic didn't think so.

Do we have any Millenia experts here that might have a better than a guess suggestion for jess??