New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Mazda 3 Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 01:15 AM
Default Mazda 3 Issue

I own a 2013 Mazda 3. To make this short and to the point, while driving the vehicle, the "D" on the dashboard will disappear and the engine seems to disengage and lose speed. While the D disappears, each time varies in time. Maybe a second, maybe 30 seconds. You step on the gas and the vehicle does not accelerate. I brought this vehicle to two different mechanics. The first one thought it was the transmission and recommended someone to me. I took the vehicle to that person and he said that it wasn't a transmission issue and that it could be something with the codes, but he couldn't help and recommended me to visit the Mazda dealership. I have now been to my Mazda dealership twice! Each time they say they cant replicate the problem or they don't know the exact issue, that they think its something and they tweaked it. Each time the vehicle would seem fine, but the problem would reoccur. I have videotaped the issues as it occurs to make sure they know i'm not crazy and not making something up.

I've tried to do my own research and have gotten nothing. At this point I'm hoping someone here could tell me what the issue is and I can have the dealership address it. If not i'm seriously considering going through lemon law because clearly this is a safety issue, that no one seems to be able to fix it. Thank you all for your time and help.