New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

Just bought a CX-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 09:31 PM
Default Just bought a CX-5

Hi all,
I just brought home this big ol' blueberry a couple of weeks ago!

It's a 2019 Grand Touring with GT Premium package, was a lease-return vehicle that had averaged under 10K miles/year, and looks and smells new. It's a replacement for a 2013 Mazda 3 hatch that got totaled in December. I wasn't happy about that- I was vehicle #3 in a 4-car chain reaction of rear-end collisions. I loved that 3, but it was the last year of the good 3 hatches in my opinion. I'm not crazy about how they evolved from 2014, becoming less cargo-practical, and I'm not crazy about SUVs/crossovers either, but I like how Mazda does things otherwise and the CX-5 seemed like a good compromise and in many ways feels like the logical successor to my old 3, as well as being the most car-like in its class. I'll miss the fantastic Skyactiv MPG of the 3, but the CX-5 has been such a joy so far that at least I'm well-distracted from thinking about that!

I'm already into accessorising, having added Weathertech floor-liners and one of the aftermarket cargo-covers. Still on the shopping list is a phone holder and a cargo area floor-liner. Interestingly, I found that the fitted sunshade from my old 3 was a close-enough fit that I could use it! Who woulda thought that these two vehicles had such similar windscreen dimensions?

I live in the Atlanta area and I tend to be the hands-on/DIY type with car maintenance and repair as much as I can be. I grew up helping my dad keep Alfa Romeos and Sunbeams and an old Plymouth running, have owned Hondas & VWs, a few BMW motorcycles, and I've been refurbing a 1970 Lotus for the last 5+ years. I used to have an '86 Lotus too. You could say I've got some garage-cred!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to getting to know the CX-5 better!

Old 03-26-2022, 10:12 PM
Default We chose the same colour!

Originally Posted by The Veg
Hi all,
I just brought home this big ol' blueberry a couple of weeks ago!

It's a 2019 Grand Touring with GT Premium package, was a lease-return vehicle that had averaged under 10K miles/year, and looks and smells new. It's a replacement for a 2013 Mazda 3 hatch that got totaled in December. I wasn't happy about that- I was vehicle #3 in a 4-car chain reaction of rear-end collisions. I loved that 3, but it was the last year of the good 3 hatches in my opinion. I'm not crazy about how they evolved from 2014, becoming less cargo-practical, and I'm not crazy about SUVs/crossovers either, but I like how Mazda does things otherwise and the CX-5 seemed like a good compromise and in many ways feels like the logical successor to my old 3, as well as being the most car-like in its class. I'll miss the fantastic Skyactiv MPG of the 3, but the CX-5 has been such a joy so far that at least I'm well-distracted from thinking about that!

I'm already into accessorising, having added Weathertech floor-liners and one of the aftermarket cargo-covers. Still on the shopping list is a phone holder and a cargo area floor-liner. Interestingly, I found that the fitted sunshade from my old 3 was a close-enough fit that I could use it! Who woulda thought that these two vehicles had such similar windscreen dimensions?

I live in the Atlanta area and I tend to be the hands-on/DIY type with car maintenance and repair as much as I can be. I grew up helping my dad keep Alfa Romeos and Sunbeams and an old Plymouth running, have owned Hondas & VWs, a few BMW motorcycles, and I've been refurbing a 1970 Lotus for the last 5+ years. I used to have an '86 Lotus too. You could say I've got some garage-cred!

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and am looking forward to getting to know the CX-5 better!
We just bought a 2022 CX-5 GT (I think our trims are named different in Canada) in that exact colour! I was considering one of the grey options, but my wife saw this blue in the dealer parking lot and said "That's what I want!" So that's what we ordered. It's a great colour and blends with the black trim on the wheel wells nicely.