New Member Area New to MF? Stop in tell us about you.

I need help finding a 2006 mazda 3!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Default I need help finding a 2006 mazda 3!!

Hi Everyone,

I am VERY new to this forum. But I need some help. I'm looking to get a MAZDA 3 ASAP, like this weekend I'm hoping.

I reallllly don't want to get ripped off, and I was wondering if there are some helpful ppl out there who are familiar with these cars and can help me look

I have been looking on Autotrader and Kijiji and found a few, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone is selling their mazda 3 or know anyone who is, please let me know! I really am interested in white, but any other colour should do! As long as the price is right.

What should I be looking for? What should I be asking? I want this car to last a few years.

Again, any advice, input is greatly appreciated.

THANKS GUYS!

Below are the cars:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ154897758

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ156077405

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ153889574

Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 PM

bump!!

help a girl out please

Old 09-16-2009, 09:41 PM

Swtness97,

You need to provide a little more information as to what features and what you are looking to get out of the car. The S GT for example has a whole lot more in the way of features and performance than the other two cars that you show. Any S has a larger engine as well. It looks to me like you are trying to find an automatic. The last car you show has a rebuilt title. I would definitely stay away from this car, and anything listed as a salvage title. Try to find one with a clear title, and have the dealer pull a car fax on any vehicle before you purchase. That way you can see the history of the car, I.E. how many owners the car had and maintenance records, any prior accidents. etc. You list 2006 as the desirable year. Why is that? Budget or styling trim preference? Try to find the latest year with the least possible mileage. If it was me, I would try to find any S that meets the criteria above. You have three different models S, S Touring, and S GT. All of these have the same powertrain and suspension settings with the GT having the most features. I am sure someone else, preferably a 3 owner can enlighten you a little more, but good luck just the same. The 3 is a very nice vehicle.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:44 AM

FFEMT6

Thank you for your reply!
Well I am looking for an automatic and I am looking for a s or s gt. The reason for the 2006 model is both the look and affordability.

To be honest, I am in desperate need of a new car cause some donkey crashed into my civic while it was parked. Now is the perfect opp. to get the car I wanted! I don't know if you heard of downsview auto? I went there and it seemed a little bit shady... The cars had very high kms and had some damage on all of them, minor and major.

I did some insurance quotes and the price for a gt is only abt a few dollars more than a base model. I would like a sunroof and all that jazz but if I can't find one I'm cool with that. I just want 06 and newer for a reasonable price.

I do know that i should be looking at vehicle history and so on. The only last vehicle i had with the rebuilt title, apparently was roof damage where a tree hit it.

I don't know this is all too overwhelming. And like I said I need a car, but most importanly bcus I have a 10 month old and a bus is not a proper method of transportation for us.

Last edited by swtness97; 09-17-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 09-19-2009, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

For children and a growing(?) family, why not look into a used 6i series? Nice cars. More room and better ride. It doesn't sound like your goal is to "Zoom-Zoom." IMO, the 6 would be the perfect choice for you.
The dealer you mention is probably getting his cars from auction. If that's the case, be careful. You can often get a good deal at auction, but if your dealer is a low-bucker, they probably do little or nothing to the cars when they come in except pretty them up for sale.